Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Brake light stuck on

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Brake light stuck on Empty
PostSubject: Brake light stuck on   Brake light stuck on EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Hey everyone,  

Just picked up an '09, completely stock WRR. Only has 550 miles and no issues I can see except one, the rear brake light is stuck on!  Not sure where to look first, a switch somewhere or loose wire?!?!?  Any ideas??
Back to top Go down
mekros

PostSubject: Re: Brake light stuck on   Brake light stuck on EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Mine had that problem, it ended up being the rear brake limit switch out of adjustment. I took the bracket off the frame and adjusted it out by hand until the brake light came on only when the brake was applied.

In my initial trouble shooting though I disconnected the brake switches at the loom until I found out which one was the culprit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brake light stuck on   Brake light stuck on EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a shot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brake light stuck on   Brake light stuck on EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Fixed!  After playing around with the rear brake sensor and nothing happening, I took a look at the front brake lever. And it turned out to be the wire for the front needed to be turned 180 degrees so the clip would engage and hold it in place. Problem solved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake light stuck on   Brake light stuck on Empty

Back to top Go down

Brake light stuck on
Page 1 of 1