Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R Possibly in My Near Future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
t30

WR250R Possibly in My Near Future Empty
PostSubject: WR250R Possibly in My Near Future   WR250R Possibly in My Near Future EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:22 pm

I've been contemplating buying a WR250R for about a year ever since I picked up a Super Tenere.  What's got me hedging is the transition from the torque and power of my modded DR650 that I currently have to a 250 dual sport.  I've never ridden the WR250R but I have ridden a stock 2009 KLX250.  My impression of the KLX 250 was very poor power. 

I'm not looking for a power house. I do have two plated 2 strokes that can muster up enough power to get anyone in trouble.  However,  I'd really like the "Dual Sport" concept of long service intervals and smooth engine unlike my 2 strokes the high strung racing four strokes like KTM, Husky and others which I've also owned. This bike will essentially take the place of my DR650 which pulls like a tractor but is heavy, and even with expensive mods from Racetech has a suspension that is brutal off pavement.   

A buddy of mine has owned both the KLX250 and the WR250R and said both a comparable in power in stock form.  Can anyone give me some idea what kind of increase in performance I can expect from the performing all the usual intake, exhaust, and common weight reduction mods?    

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Possibly in My Near Future   WR250R Possibly in My Near Future EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:07 pm

You really should test ride a WRR, its the only way you will know for sure if you will like it.

I have heavily modded KLR650, a WRR with pipe programmer and suspension work and a gasags ec250 two stroke.

The wrr is almost as quick as the KLR but you have to ride them very differently, the 650s work best when lugged and short shifted the wrr needs to keep the revs up and if you want to go fast you need to keep it on the rev limiter.

The gasgas runs away and hides from both of them, but sucks for long easy dirt rides and any amount of pavement plus its topped out at 120 km/h.

A wrr has 5 more hp than a klx but its all at high rpm, the only way someone could think a klx is as powerfull as a wrr is if they baby it and never rev the bike up past 5-6000 rpm.
Back to top Go down
t30

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Possibly in My Near Future   WR250R Possibly in My Near Future EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks for the feed back. That's kind of what I figured on the power band.  I think I'll start planning my hunt for a WR250R.  My 09 DR650 has almost 40K miles (all mine), and since I now have a Super T, I figure its time for a lighter dual sport with better off road manners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Possibly in My Near Future   WR250R Possibly in My Near Future Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R Possibly in My Near Future
Page 1 of 1