Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BadBowtie03

Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  Empty
PostSubject: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Hey I was trying to find a thread on "what to look for when buying used" but didnt have any luck. I am looking at a WR250x with 7k miles. It has 2 sets of wheels. The factory X wheels and then some aftermarket black wheels with knobbies for offroad. The knobbies are on it now and are brand new. The front is a dunlop d606 and the rear is a pirelli mt-21...It has the FMF programmer, sargent seat, renthal bars, no toil air intake kit, delta 4 pipe, fmf powercore pipe and the factory one... it has upgraded front and rear sprockets and then the X wheels still have the factory brakes/sprocket too... so two sets of complete wheels. I can get the bike for 4300 bucks. That seems like a pretty good deal to me seeing as it has all this stuff done to it and the extra parts. He says he has other factory parts too that he will give to me. He said it needs nothing and is in great shape. No problems what soever... so, what do yall think? what should I look out for? Anything I should ask him? Thanks a lot for the help!
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:58 am

Sounds like a nice bike to me.
I am pretty sure there are cheaper ones out there, but age and location would determine if the price is right.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:14 am

What model year is it?

A spare wheel/tire set alone is worth about $1000

Plus you get two exhaust's AND the stock exhaust too?

eeek eeek 

Sounds almost too good to be true.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BadBowtie03

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:49 am

Its a 2008 bike... And k thought it sounded like a great deal cause all that adds up! Tires/wheels, programmer, seat, bars, tires/wheels with sprocket and rotor... Yamalink, stock exhaust and two aftermarmets... I think more.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 am

Ask about the fuel pump.

Some 2008's had bad ones.

Not all. Just some.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BadBowtie03

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:04 pm

He had told me that he already replaced it when he removed the tank one time... Not cause it quit working but because he accidentally cracked the neck off while working on it.... And that's its never gave him trouble.
Back to top Go down
I<3Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:49 pm

fuel pump is the least of your issues, it think its a good deal, new and taxed the bike is 5999, some people went crazy when they came out and picked up a couple sets of wheels and exhausts, i don't know why he is unloading it all right now. but i had the fuel pump issue and got my bike for 2300 fully stock and with the fuel pump at (240) and other fees to get it on the road only totaling 400 dollars i am very impressed with the wrx as well.
Back to top Go down
BadBowtie03

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:55 am

Well, I bought it! I've put 75 miles or so on her and she runs like a top! everything was as described and with the two sets of wheels and all the mods I think I got a great deal. Heres a few pictures....

Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  IMG_20130706_165027_zps4f27995a

Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  IMG_20130706_171720_zpsfcd9a54e

Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  IMG_20130707_221533_zps491eda31
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:26 am

NICE !!  Congrats thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?    Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to hopefully buy WRX... what to look for?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: