Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Desert gas tank question???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Desert gas tank question??? Empty
PostSubject: Desert gas tank question???   Desert gas tank question??? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:48 am

Looking at getting a desert gas tank, found a used one that says was off a 450, but the guy says it will fit a WR250R. Anyone see any issues with trying to fit this?

Here's the one I'm looking at:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/3875218612.html
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Desert gas tank question???   Desert gas tank question??? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 11:34 am

I would not take the word of a guy selling a tank like that.

It may or may not fit. The seller might be thinking of a wr250f.

I could be wrong, it might fit, but I've never seen anyone post about that kind of tank fitting on our bikes.

It might fit but require some custom fabrication or some stuff.

But I'd be very VERY cautious about buying that tank.

You could contact IMS and ask them if they think a tank for a wr450 will fit your bike. dunno 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Desert gas tank question???   Desert gas tank question??? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:28 pm

I have the IMS 3.1 tank specific to the WR250R and it doesn't look much like that one. For sure the stock side plastics won't just bolt on. On the WRR they're held to the tank with a tab, not bolted onto it. The WRR version doesn't have those bits hanging out the bottom. The mounting brackets front and back could be another issue. Not to mention mounting the fuel pump. For sure it won't work if that's a fuel connection hanging off the lower left side in the CL pic.

I'd say that IMS probably wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of making a WRR/WRX version if this one already fit deal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Desert gas tank question???   Desert gas tank question??? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Great, thanks for the replies!

I'll stay away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desert gas tank question???   Desert gas tank question??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Desert gas tank question???
Page 1 of 1