Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$

Go down 
+2
Biglake
rangehound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rangehound

Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ Empty
PostSubject: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Hello,

I need a replacement front tire for my 2011 WR250R.

I do 70%-30% dirt roads, street. With all the mods I'm currently doing, I don't want to spend $125 for this front tire which is highly recommended in this forum.

There has got to be a competing tire in the $70-$100 range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Call me cheap but this stuff adds up.

The stock front tire is just not that good for dirt roads and trails. I'm looking for something knobbier.

Thx
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:53 pm

IRC TR8 will get the job done at 70 bucks candian.

I've never run one but it looks decent and gets decent reviews.
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Shinko 244
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:26 am

Try shopping around, because the MT21 front in australia RRP is $99. US RRP should be less than that.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:29 pm

TKO wrote:
Shinko 244

If you dont like the stock tires dont get the shinko 244s, they're no better offroad than the stockers.
I run the 244s on my klr, they're cheap and last good but suck offroad compared to a tire like a mt21.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Any non-DOT knobbie will have MUCH better traction in dirt than the stock dualsport tires, and be cheaper than a DOT knobbie.  The IRC IX05H is on sale at SW Moto Tires for $53.27.  It is a intermediate to hard terrain tire.

Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ 72fb67d6-a3e5-41fc-af14-5d500ae67024
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Dennis kirk has MT-21 front listed for $83...???
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Im not sure where the OP is from but I cant get a mt21 for under a 100 bucks in canada, tires are much cheaper in the US.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 3:52 pm

rangehound wrote:
Hello,

I need a replacement front tire for my 2011 WR250R.

I do 70%-30% dirt roads, street. With all the mods I'm currently doing, I don't want to spend $125 for this front tire which is highly recommended in this forum.

There has got to be a competing tire in the $70-$100 range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Call me cheap but this stuff adds up.

The stock front tire is just not that good for dirt roads and trails. I'm looking for something knobbier.

Thx

I don't see a location in your profile. MT-21 is a good tire.  If you're in the US, they're $82 at Rocky Mountain ATV

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/86/176/1346/-/3522/Pirelli-MT21-Dual-Sport-Rallycross
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$   Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$ Empty

Back to top Go down

Pirelli MT21 front just too much $$$
Page 1 of 1