Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 
 

 Stock Exhaust Mounting Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skooter65




PostSubject: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:08 am

I am going back to a stock exhaust after selling off the Yoshi slip-on but am having some trouble getting things to line-up appropriately. Could someone take a look at the attached photos and let me know if I am missing some spacers or some other critical part.

Brief Overview:
-Photo 1 shows the rear mount point bolted snug (not tight). In this orientation the connection of the header pipe to the can mid-pipe is contacting the frame.
-Photo 2 Shows the space between the second mount point on the mid-pipe to the sub-frame on the bike.

What am I missing?

Photo 1:


Photo 2:
Back to top Go down
dhally

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Maybe missing a rubber vibration isolator?
Back to top Go down
skooter65




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:21 pm

dhally wrote:
Maybe missing a rubber vibration isolator?

I don't see anything mentioned on the parts fiches for the exhaust or frame assembly.

Anyone with a stock exhaust have any insight or maybe some photos of these two areas?
Back to top Go down
sswrx

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Looks like something may be bent or header pipe not lined up properly? The stock exhaust doesn't use a spacer at the mid mounting point.
Back to top Go down
skooter65




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:12 pm

sswrx wrote:
Looks like something may be bent or header pipe not lined up properly? The stock exhaust doesn't use a spacer at the mid mounting point.

No spacer at the rear mount either?

I was thinking the same thing about something being bent but I can see no evidence of damage on the bike or the used exhaust that I purchased. I tried mounting it without the header in place with the same problem. The Yoshimura slip on was mounted without any issue so I am having a hard time explaining why the stock component won't go back in place.
Back to top Go down
chabon

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Not sure whats going on by your photos. I took some photos from a naked frame I have to see if that helps. Also make sure valve isn't bumping frame (see photo).





Back to top Go down
bluzharp




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Loosen the header pipe nuts and wiggle everything around and see if it lines up. Start the mounting bolts and run them in almost all the way, then torque the header nuts down. Tighten the mounting bolts and lastly, the clamp.
Back to top Go down
skooter65




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:45 pm

chabon wrote:
Not sure whats going on by your photos. I took some photos from a naked frame I have to see if that helps. Also make sure valve isn't bumping frame (see photo).

Thank you for the photos!

The sad part is everything looks identical to what I have...except for the fact that it on't bolt to the second mount point. I will have to look deeper to see if there are signs of any bent components.

Thank you again!
Back to top Go down
skooter65




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 pm

bluzharp wrote:
Loosen the header pipe nuts and wiggle everything around and see if it lines up. Start the mounting bolts and run them in almost all the way, then torque the header nuts down. Tighten the mounting bolts and lastly, the clamp.

The mid pipe still hits the back side of the frame even without the header in place...a bit more digging I guess.

Thank you for the reply.
Back to top Go down
cariocian




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:11 am

has this been solved? i do recall seeing a rubber grommet at the rear most mount of the stock exhaust when i removed mine.
Back to top Go down
skooter65




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 am

cariocian wrote:
has this been solved? i do recall seeing a rubber grommet at the rear most mount of the stock exhaust when i removed mine.
I did; it appears that the previous owner had the subframe off at one point and had re-mounted it incorrectly (Right side arm was bolted to the outside of the frame mount where it should have been bolted to the inside).

Corrected and it was good to go!
Back to top Go down
chabon

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:30 pm

skooter65 wrote:
cariocian wrote:
has this been solved? i do recall seeing a rubber grommet at the rear most mount of the stock exhaust when i removed mine.
I did; it appears that the previous owner had the subframe off at one point and had re-mounted it incorrectly (Right side arm was bolted to the outside of the frame mount where it should have been bolted to the inside).

Corrected and it was good to go!
You made me go out and double check my subframe! I replaced it and see that I did it correctly. Seems like it would have been hard for the PO to bend it to the outside! Good find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Stock Exhaust Mounting Help   

Back to top Go down
 
Stock Exhaust Mounting Help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Stock Exhaust Mounting Help
» What's the stock exhaust consist of?
» Going back to stock exhaust, but no EXUP??
» Mods to the Stock Exhaust Can
» Stock Exhaust and FMF Programmer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: General Maintenance Discussion-
Jump to: