Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!

Go down 
+2
gatorfan
GusinCA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! Empty
PostSubject: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:38 pm

I've had dozens of motorcycles over the last 32 years.

I just finished a weekend bashing around single track, twisty roads, mud, and huge boulders on my WRR.

Today I spent an hour cleaning the chain, the air filter and changing the oil and oil filter. That's it. And none of it was really needed, but I feel better when I'm nice to it.

There's just something to be said for having a machine you're willing to bet your life will never, ever break down (and now that I have tireballs never get a flat). Such a joy to own this little machine...

Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! 4224copy_zps314f7775

Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! 4225copy_zps53b2233c

Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! 4228copy_zpsaa0f59ad

Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! 4235copy_zps4921cf30

Yamaha Rules...
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Nice pics.

Yeah, my '08 R2 has not had a single problem that wasn't my own fault. I punish it mercilessly too. Sand, mud, rocks, water and longer slab rides than make sense. Not a complaint from her.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 pm

That's one thing mine can't do: Long or fast street rides. With the taller gearing and the knobbies it hates anything above 45mph on the slab. It'll go 70 if I wind it out, but it's not a happy bike at that speed...

But if I had left it stock and put a more comfy seat on it I could see taking it around the world. Slowly. Which is the point, in my opinion. :)
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:26 am

I agree with the exception that I'd be happier if it were a 450cc or bigger. If only you could blip over logs, etc on trails with it....
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:24 am

I can, but I have to be in the upper revs.

That said, I wouldn't recommend this bike for anyone bigger than me. I'm 5-10 and 185 pounds, and I look big on it. :)
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:07 pm

I would agree with your opinion about the WRR. Its the best. I wish I had bought this as soon as it became available. Fine off road, fine on the road. Windshield and ride all day, 70 down the highway, custom seat makes it comfy for hours on end. who would have thought you could safely and comfortably ride 1000 mi in one day, Across the country, all the way to the arctic circle on a 250. All that and great gas mileage and great dependability. I'm ready to sell my WEE and go WRR full time.
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Sorry to disagree gus. I'm 6'4'' and 210. Its great. Where am I going to find a bigger bike that does the same things? Actually the seating position is the best I've ever had on a bike, and yes I've owned some big bikes, Wee, Honda ST1300 FZ1.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 am

I'm 73, 6 ft and 235 lbs. I have 22,000 on this bike and love it. Mine has 17" wheel and knobbies. Just paid it off and itching for a some thing new but as hard as I look I can't find anything I'd rather have. I've had a lot of bikes over the years from dirt to BMW and this is the best bike and the biggest smile I've every owned.
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:06 am

I'm 51, 6'4" 220lbs, long torso.  When I went shopping for a dual sport I sat on everything out there, and the ONLY bikes not immediately dismissed as being too small were the XR650/KLX650 and WR250R (you should have seen me on the CRF250L, I had like 6-7" rider sag and no adjustable shock, Honda has really bean-counted on this one).  I was leaning towards the Kawi, but my friend showed me the virtues of lighter bikes while blasting through the socal deserts, so I went with the WRR.

No regrets.  Room to stretch out the torso/arms when seated.  I found standing came up a bit short though, and after 4+ hours of riding a tad more legroom would be great.  So 30mm handlebar risers have been installed, and lowboy footpegs are on order.  These two mods should turn an already comfy machine for the tall, into something very comfy.  Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!   Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just the Best. Bike. Ever. With pics!
Page 1 of 1