Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new uk member wr250r lanerider

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lanerider

lanerider

new uk member wr250r lanerider Empty
PostSubject: new uk member wr250r lanerider   new uk member wr250r lanerider EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:02 pm

hello just joined this forum I have a wr250r 09 2000mile im just in the process of fitting a yamalink and getting the suspension softer ive moved from a xt225 I ride a lot of lanes and this bike has a high rating for laneriding I may have to have the seat shaved so I can put both feet full on the ground ....
Back to top Go down
Dmonkfunk

Dmonkfunk

PostSubject: Re: new uk member wr250r lanerider   new uk member wr250r lanerider EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 pm

lanerider wrote:
hello just joined this forum I have a wr250r 09 2000mile im just in the process of fitting a yamalink and getting the suspension softer ive moved from a xt225 I ride a lot of lanes and this bike has a high rating for laneriding I may have to have the seat shaved so I can put both feet full on the ground ....
Welcome! good to know there is some riding to be done across the pond! I was worried about the tippy toes thing too, but it's really not bad. The bike is not soo heavy that leaning to one side to get a foot totally down is real bad, mind you I do have the suspension lowered somewhat by the previous owner. He inverted the lower bracket? something like that. Whatever it is feels right and hasn't caused any problems.

Back to top Go down
lanerider

lanerider

PostSubject: Re: new uk member wr250r lanerider   new uk member wr250r lanerider EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:19 am

I have been riding a xt225 before I got the wr I have had the seat shaved and the forks and shock lowered I can nearly put my feet flat on the ground perhaps after a full day out on the rough stuff I may get used to the height. The xt was too low I have a club that rides the lanes of England westyorkshirelaneriders.co.uk we do technical riding and fire roads I like the way the wr250r performs on the tarmac I will know weather the height is ok after the first day out ill keep you posted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new uk member wr250r lanerider   new uk member wr250r lanerider Empty

Back to top Go down

new uk member wr250r lanerider
Page 1 of 1