Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dumb question about IMS gas tank...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dumb question about IMS gas tank... Empty
PostSubject: Dumb question about IMS gas tank...   Dumb question about IMS gas tank... EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm assuming the low fuel light still works if I've put an IMS 3 gallon gas tank on?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about IMS gas tank...   Dumb question about IMS gas tank... EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 pm

I don't use one (or even own a WR-250R anymore), but I believe it still works because you will be transferring all of the fuel pump/electric guts out of the stock tank and into the new one.
Back to top Go down
garlicrider65

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about IMS gas tank...   Dumb question about IMS gas tank... EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Sensor is in the fuel pump assembly so the reserve light still comes on. However, because of the IMF tank shape difference from the OEM tank, my reserve comes on at about 0.7 gal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about IMS gas tank...   Dumb question about IMS gas tank... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:27 pm

garlicrider65 wrote:
Sensor is in the fuel pump assembly so the reserve light still comes on.  However, because of the IMF tank shape difference from the OEM tank, my reserve comes on at about 0.7 gal.

Thanks!
Ya my light just came on (as it was parked) and only took 2 gallons to fill up, so I now know I have a lot of reserve!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question about IMS gas tank...   Dumb question about IMS gas tank... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dumb question about IMS gas tank...
Page 1 of 1