Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire questions - WR250R

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JTM

Tire questions - WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Tire questions - WR250R   Tire questions - WR250R EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:08 pm

I have 2009 WR250R(Actually 2 but only keeping one) and still have the stock tires but would like to upgrade to some different tires..

I would say I ride 70/dirt 30/street. Different dirt terrains.

What would be a good tire for my purposes?

And what size is best to run?

Thanks for your your responses, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Tire questions - WR250R   Tire questions - WR250R EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:01 am

Your going to get quite a few different opinions on this as everyone likes different tires lol.

If its not really muddy where you ride offroad get pirreli mt21s or michlin t63s in stock sizes, they work good on and offroad. The fronts will be 90/90 instead of 80/100 but they're the same size its just a different way of measuring them.

If its muddy offroad get a pirreli xcmh front and a kenda trackmaster 100/100 rear, they work awesome offroad but just ok on the road, dont go crazy fast on wet pavement lol.
This is what I run but im more like 95% offroad/ 5% onroad.

Lots of people like dunlop d606s, but it only comes in a big tall 120/90 and I dont like the taller rear profile.
Same thing with pirreli mt43 rears, they work and last well but jack the back of the bike up too much for me.
I dont like raising the rear of this bike up with a tall tire as its a touch too high in the rear stock, raisng it any more makes the handling worse. Plus its only a 250 and big tires rob hp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tire questions - WR250R   Tire questions - WR250R EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:16 pm

I ride a lot of gravel and rocky terrain, mainly dry, and I really like the Pirelli MT43 "trials" tires front and rear. Fantastic traction in the dirt and very good wear on pavement. Probably the best gravel tire ever. The do move sideways a little on pavement but I can lean'r over as far as I want.
Back to top Go down
JTM

PostSubject: Pirreli mt21s    Tire questions - WR250R EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 am

I think I am leaning towards the Pirreli mt21s. I appreciate the reply guys, thank you.
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Tire questions - WR250R   Tire questions - WR250R EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 11:41 am

I think JTM and I ride the same dry variable dirt/rocky socal terrain.  I am also leaning towards MT-21's, can anyone confirm how they work in sand/sand transitions (the desert trails here are typically hard pack which you can blast along, and then suddenly come up on 3"-6" thick sandy portions at speed, and then back to hard pack).
Back to top Go down
MarcLegacyGT

MarcLegacyGT

PostSubject: Re: Tire questions - WR250R   Tire questions - WR250R EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Can anyone tell about how much those tires last on street?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire questions - WR250R   Tire questions - WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire questions - WR250R
Page 1 of 1