Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
11:1

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member   New Member EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi all:

I've been dirt riding since 1978, all on one bike a 77 Bultaco Frontera.  Now that I'm 65, the Bul was beating me up to much with its old style suspension.  After a lot of soul searching and rejecting the DZ400 and the KTM and Husaberg for various reasons I've ordered the WR.  I almost said no to it because even at just short of 6' 3" 190 lbs I found the bike too tall. Now I know I can lower it a bit so it should be ok. Yamalink and suspension height adjust.

I think lower gearing, a pipe and FI tuner are in my future since I suspect I'll find I want a bit more hit for the woods and a lighter bike.  I think I'll  feel the extra 30 #s up from the Bul.  I understand the aftermarket pipes are lighter, but what else comes off or can be replaced for
weight loss?  What sort of weight figure can be reached.

I do mostly woods riding, but look forward to doing a little street too.  My Bul was licensed, but not a lot of fun on the street.  Much less noise, better gas consumption numbers and a more civilized ride will be much appreciated.

This site and Thumper Talk look like gold mines of info. Thanks.

Have fun,

Richard
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1