Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hyperboarder

Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question Empty
PostSubject: Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question   Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 9:41 am

So I installed my Flatland Skidplate (OMG easy) and Radiator Guard last night and had a quick question. The install instructions weren't terrible, but weren't great either. After I finished buttoning everything back up I started wondering if I had set up the front mounts right. Here's a pic from above to illustrate my question (think leaning towards the front right while sitting on the seat and looking down):

Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question A7CFF665-4562-4ADE-B8AE-75EE508C4506-32944-0000077069255E67_zps9910968e

Looking at the mounts on the left, you can see that I put the rubber "bumpers" between the guard mounting tab and the radiator mounting tab. Is that how everyone else has done it? Or is it better to put the bumpers on the right side against the bolt head/nut with the guard and radiator mounting tabs touching? It appears there might not be enough clearance on the other side to allow for this method but I wanted to see what you guys have done. Thanks,

Geoff
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question   Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 pm

You got it together right.thumb 

You want to rubber washer up against the rad so it doesnt chafe through.

Also with the flatland rad guard the rad plastics bolt to the rad not the guard... if you tip over on the plastics it bends the rad.
You can stop this by adding a thin strip of alumumium plate to where the plastic bolts to the rad to spread the load out onto the guard. I found this on this site some wheres if you do a search you'll find it. I did this to mine after bending the rad a touch, I can add a pic later if you dont understand what I mean but it will take me a few days with work n stuff lol.
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

PostSubject: Re: Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question   Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Biglake wrote:
You got it together right.thumb 

You want to rubber washer up against the rad so it doesnt chafe through.

Also with the flatland rad guard the rad plastics bolt to the rad not the guard... if you tip over on the plastics it bends the rad.
You can stop this by adding a thin strip of alumumium plate to where the plastic bolts to the rad to spread the load out onto the guard. I found this on this site some wheres if you do a search you'll find it. I did this to mine after bending the rad a touch, I can add a pic later if you dont understand what I mean but it will take me a few days with work n stuff lol.
Thanks for the confirmation. And don't worry about the plastic bending the rad, I don't fall poser2 .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question   Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Flatland Radiator Guard Install Question
Page 1 of 1