Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dougfromindy

OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. Empty
PostSubject: OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.   OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 pm

I got a good price on a set of Marchesini wheels.
They look correct, 3.5 front/17, 4.5 rear/17 with PP 150/60/17, 120/70/17 tires.
Seller says these will fit both a WR250x and WR250R.
They look awesome.
I am nervous about fitment until these arrive.
Also speedo drive?
They are off a 2008 WR250F.
Please guide me.
Are wheels same 2009 WR250X and 2008 WR250F as far as axle diameter/rotors, etc?
Anybody running these pricey wheels?
Thanks, Doug
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.   OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 6:30 am

I'm no expert, but I don't think they'll fit. Briefly looking at Warp 9's wheel sets shows no cross fitting between the F and the R/X. It's entirely possible that I'm wrong.

Also, there is no speedo drive on the R/X front wheel. Speed measurements are taken from the engine.

Hope they fit! Let us know.
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.   OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:41 am

You can make just about anything fix if you can find a good machinist.  You may need to change out the bearings to make your axles fix and make some spacers.  I don’t think it will be a direct bolt on but you should be able to make it work.

BTW post up some pix of them.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.   OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:38 pm

What's the verdict? Did they fit?
Back to top Go down
dougfromindy

PostSubject: Re: OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.   OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Still waiting to get these to my mechanic.
I am wearing out my oem tire first.
It maybe a winter project.
From info I have gathered, the rear will need a sprocket spacer.
The front has a 20mm opening 250F on spacers and I will need some 17mm spacers for WR250X axle.
I have not yet tried it.
If anyone has some real world info please add it here.
I am riding bike until it gets colder and still recoving from cost of these bling wheels.
Back to top Go down
mekros

PostSubject: Re: OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.   OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:28 pm

I've got a set of 17" Geinhart rims from a 450F to mount on my R and what needs to be done is new spacers for the front (from 20mm axles on the 450 down to 17mm axle and change in hub width).

New spacers for the rear (they have the same 20mm axle but you'll need spacers for hte different hub widths and potentially a sprocket spacer as well).

I can't give you more specifics as different hubs have different dimensions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.   OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels. Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG, I just bought a set of Marchesini wheels.
Page 1 of 1