Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Black

Mr.Black

Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!! Empty
PostSubject: Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!!   Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!! EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Yeah so I changed my oil this evening and found a metal shard about half the size of the magnet on the end of the oil drain plug, there were also other powder metal shavings on it but that is more than likely just pressure plate wear. So has anyone seen something like this before? I'm thinking it might be a small casting flash from a gear or something else since it was pretty thin.
   I also dismantled the oil filter and so no shards or metal powder in there so I'm thinking it must be from the transmission side but I could be wrong.GAHHHH

Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!! IMG_20130906_202310_zpsd0f55ded
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!!   Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!! EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:52 am

How many miles on the engine ? If it's steel and sticking to the magnet, it's most likely is transmission related. I wouldn't worry too much but I would keep an eye on it next oil change.

BTW, I just got back from a week of vacation in Cape Breton. I brought the WR and had some fun on the back roads. No shortage of dirt roads there. Almost got lost and almost ran out of fuel a couple of times. Hope to make it back next summer.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Black

Mr.Black

PostSubject: Re: Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!!   Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!! EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was thinking as well.

That's pretty funny since I just went on a 350km ride through the center of the island today on the infinite number of dirt roads
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!!   Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!! EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:58 pm

It is common for that to happen.
As long as you don't see chunks of metal or enough to gag a pack of maggots, you'll be OK as far as that goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!!   Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal shard on magnetic oil drain plug!!!
Page 1 of 1