Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

immix Racing Cargo Rack

Go down 
+3
rsteiger
Wallrat
DragonNester
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DragonNester

DragonNester

immix Racing Cargo Rack Empty
PostSubject: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 am

I installed a immix Racing Cargo Rack onto my wrr and really like it.  It may not be CNC machined, but it is wery well built, solid design versatile and much less expensive...enough to allow me to buy a 1.5gal gas canister and bracket to go with it.  The gas canister bracket bolted right up to the rack without any extra drilling.

For $79, it can't be beat...IMO.

immix Racing Cargo Rack 003_zpsbca561f5
Back to top Go down
Wallrat

Wallrat

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Got a closeup with the rack empty so we can see the construction/mounting?
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Better yet:
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Can't tell for sure but it looks like you have to remove the helmet lock to install this rack. At least the video did not show a helmet lock on the bike.

If you do have to remove it, do they give you another place to mount it?
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 pm

You don't have to remove the helmet lock to install it. I didn't touch mine.  The helmet lock is hidden by the canister bracket...I never used it and now it functions as added support for the canister bracket in case of a fall on that side.

immix Racing Cargo Rack 002_zpscb62adf9
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:12 pm

DragonNester wrote:
You don't have to remove the helmet lock to install it. I didn't touch mine.  The helmet lock is hidden by the canister bracket...I never used it and now it functions as added support for the canister bracket in case of a fall on that side.

OK cool.. in the installation video the helmet lock was missing so I thought you had to remove it to install the rack.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix104

Phoenix104

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 am

That rack was the first think I put on my WR as well. I love it, though i must say, your way of attaching fuel tanks to yours is much better. I just have 2 MSR tanks strapped to the side of mine.

Though I did have a problem with things sliding due to the nice finish it has. So, I just dipped it into some truck bed liner I had laying around and it helped quite a bit.

https://imgur.com/9RVj7VA And most importantly, =D it fits a 24 pack.
Back to top Go down
mcwbyu82

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:50 pm

DragonNester wrote:

Like that setup. I have been running a homemade rear rack for 4 years now but have never trusted it to mount a fuel bracket like that. The Immix has me interested for both its mounting style and lower price compared to the various aluminum options out there.

Which fuel canister bracket is that exactly and have you done much hard off road riding with the fuel canister full yet?
Back to top Go down
Pineapplehead

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:54 pm

mcwbyu82 wrote:
Which fuel canister bracket is that exactly and have you done much hard off road riding with the fuel canister full yet?

X2. It doesn't seem like DragonNester is around anymore, but does anybody else recognize this bracket?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix104

Phoenix104

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:51 am

I don't know what brand he is using, but this is the closest thing i could find =/ http://rotopax.com/L-Bracket.html

I plan to pick one up when I get some money saved up. Here's hoping it bolts right up
Back to top Go down
Pineapplehead

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Phoenix104, The bracket he used is a Kolpin fuel pack bracket, part no. 89475.
Back to top Go down
swashplate

swashplate

PostSubject: Clearance?   immix Racing Cargo Rack EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Any issues with clearance of the bracket underneath and the rear tire???

Please advise.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: immix Racing Cargo Rack   immix Racing Cargo Rack Empty

Back to top Go down

immix Racing Cargo Rack
Page 1 of 1