Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FRONT WHEEL SPACER

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SLOWRIDER

FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty
PostSubject: FRONT WHEEL SPACER   FRONT WHEEL SPACER EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 3:26 am

Could somebody please check the right side (as if you are sitting on your bike) front wheel spacer and tell me if the lip on the spacer goes into the wheel seal.

I have two sets of wheels one has the lip of the spacer going into the seal the other front wheel has the lip going against the shoulder of the axle.

Which one is correct???

I think the lip should be going into the seal.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRONT WHEEL SPACER   FRONT WHEEL SPACER EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:06 am

Yes mate you are correct = lip into the seal.  I just replaced both tyres, and replaced the stock steel front spacers with the zeta billet alloy spacers. Also as a Mechanic, i can 100% confirm that the design intention is for the lip to go into the seal.

Aside from allowing a "better" seal, it seems as though the lip can also aid with keeping the spacers in place as you mount the wheel & slide the axle thru....this works ok with the lighter zeta spacers, but the heaver steel spacers don't stay in the seal most times & can be a pita.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRONT WHEEL SPACER   FRONT WHEEL SPACER EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:57 am

Err....ummm......

Front wheel. Brake disc side? Or other side?

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t8931-new-tires-the-process-heavy-w-pictures <-- my pictures

The spacer with very distinct lip is on brake disc side and the lip goes to the fork side, or away from the seal.

The spacer without the lip, goes on the side of wheel without brake disc. Which to me, is the right side of bike when sitting on her. dunno 

Also seen here:

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2011/WR250X+-+WR25XACW/FRONT+WHEEL/parts.html

or here:

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2011/WR250R+-+WR25RAL/FRONT+WHEEL/parts.html

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRONT WHEEL SPACER   FRONT WHEEL SPACER EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:40 am

As per the diagram in the 2nd "link" of Ed's above post, the spacers as shown #12 & 13 both have the small "lips" that fit into the seals. Also as shown in the pictures of Ed's bike in the 1st link, the spacer on the brake disc side also has a "larger" diameter flange which faces to the fork side on the axle. This spacer still has the "smaller" lip that goes into the seal.

I believe that the confusion / debate stems from the term used to describe the "lip", but in this regard it is indeed the general accepted term in the "grease monkey" world, lol.

In any case as far as this discussion goes, i took the OP's question on "face value" for terms of description, as it would be pretty obvious that the "larger flange" end of the brake side spacer would not physically fit into the seal anyway..... Further to this, he has asked about the "non brake" side spacer, in which case the "small lip" does in fact go into the seal.

Cheers guys.....freaky 

Last edited by GT-250 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRONT WHEEL SPACER   FRONT WHEEL SPACER EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:25 pm

GT-250 wrote:
As per the diagram in the 2nd "link" of Ed's above post, the spacers as shown #12 & 13 both have the small "lips" that fit into the seals. Also as shown in the pictures of Ed's bike in the 1st link, the spacer on the brake disc side also has a "larger" diameter flange which faces to the fork side on the axle. This spacer still has the "smaller" lip that goes into the seal.

I believe that the confusion / debate stems from the term used to describe the "lip", but in this regard it is indeed the general accepted term in the "grease monkey" world, lol.

In any case as far as this discussion goes, i took the OP's question on "face value" for terms of description, as it would be pretty obvious that the "larger flange" end of the brake side spacer would not  physically fit into the seal anyway..... Further to this, he has asked about the "non brake" side spacer, in which case the "small lip" does in fact go into the seal.

Cheers guys.....freaky 
Thanks guys for your help! GT-250 You answer my question perfectly!!! I was indeed talking about the very small lip on the non-brake side and seen in motokids picture.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRONT WHEEL SPACER   FRONT WHEEL SPACER EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 9:10 am

That's why a picture is worth a 1000 words... Very happy thumb cheers 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRONT WHEEL SPACER   FRONT WHEEL SPACER Empty

Back to top Go down

FRONT WHEEL SPACER
Page 1 of 1