Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dogen

Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:50 am

I had a set of Wolfman Expedition Bags and the Wolfman Rack on order and then Wolfman stopped selling their racks so I cancelled the order. I chose the Expedition bags because they were waterproof and had a larger capacity than my second choice (Dirtbagz). Wolfman now sells universal mounting straps so you can mount their bags on most racks but not the Dirtbagz racks. I would still like to get the Expedition bags but I can't find any other racks that would work for the WR250R. Can anyone inform me about other racks for our bikes?
Back to top Go down
offroute

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:59 am

Dogen wrote:
I had a set of Wolfman Expedition Bags and the Wolfman Rack on order and then Wolfman stopped selling their racks so I cancelled the order. I chose the Expedition bags because they were waterproof and had a larger capacity than my second choice (Dirtbagz). Wolfman now sells universal mounting straps so you can mount their bags on most racks but not the Dirtbagz racks.   I would still like to get the Expedition bags but I can't find any other racks that would work for the WR250R.    Can anyone inform me about other racks for our bikes?
Go to BRmoto.com. Berg made all the racks for WM and still makes the ones your after.
Back to top Go down
Dogen

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Interesting... Wolfmans site suggests that Brmoto is no longer making the racks. The Brmoto site says they are out of stock but will be available in November. I'll have to keep checking back. Too bad they only ship UPS - expensive for Canadians. I may still have to get the Dirtbagz.
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:31 pm

https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=144_167_175
Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:49 pm

i bought mine from Rocky Mountain ATV a few months ago. I checked and they have one in stock right now for a WR250. Grab it!
Back to top Go down
MTWIBadger

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:11 am

One option to consider is the rear rack made by Cycleracks out of Boise,ID. That's what I have on my WR250R and I am very happy with it.
I also bought the removable side racks that hook onto the rear rack and provide side support for my soft Ortlieb panniers.

Cycleracks builds racks specific for many different bikes and this is my third.  Wouldn't try anything else!!

This setup works great for me and I can easily camp off my bike which I do regularly on my Idaho forest service gravel road trips.

The folks at Cycleracks send you the rack and if you like it, you send them a check!!  Trusting folks!!

It is wider/larger than most racks you see on this forum but it provides protection when you put your bike down.
Back to top Go down
Dogen

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks for everyone's input and thanks especially to 250riders. I just ordered the last Wolfman rack from Rocky Mountain ATV. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?   Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman racks discontinued - alternative?
Page 1 of 1