Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Are these mods any good...used bike purchase

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yllek

Yllek

Are these mods any good...used bike purchase Empty
PostSubject: Are these mods any good...used bike purchase   Are these mods any good...used bike purchase EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:09 am

Hi,
I've been riding street for a little while but would like to get into dual sport riding. Shopping for a WRR. Been researching mods because many of the used bikes have them. Found a bike with the following mods, can anyone tell me their opinion on this list of mods on a WRR, good thing or bad thing? Also when I looked at the FMF webpage, megabomb is the header and power core is the pipe, both say for closed course competition only and not intended for street use, is that because they are loud? Possibly above legal limit? Or is there another reason. Novice girl here, so please be nice when answering my potentionally dumb questions. :) The owner of the bike is the 2nd owner and did not do any of the mods and rode it on street and can't answer much. The bike also has the yamalink and spiral steps seat, both of which I need cause I am only working with a 30" inseam here. Is there an easy way to tell if the stock suspension has also been adjusted? Thanks!

Mods:

FMF EFI Power Programmer. FMF Megabomb Powercore-4 pipe, DRC Edge tail light kit/license plate mount, 12 O'clock Labs tail light controller, Easton EXC woods handlebars with offset clamps. Cycra hand guards Pro-Bend with LED turn lights.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Are these mods any good...used bike purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are these mods any good...used bike purchase   Are these mods any good...used bike purchase EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:24 am

Those are all "normal" mods and there's nothing "wrong" or dangerous about any of them.

The pipe is louder than stock.

Depending on where you live it might be an issue.

Most places it isn't.

Worst case scenario is you sell the Powercore and buy the Q4 which is quieter, or even buy a stock pipe when somebody sells that.

The megabomb header actually quiets the pipe down a tiny bit I believe while offering more low-range torque.

All in all - if the price is right, and you want this bike, and it's looks to be in good mechanical condition you won't be going wrong with buying it.

Remember, any of the bolt on mods can be removed and sold. The replace them with something you like better.

Good luck.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down

Are these mods any good...used bike purchase
Page 1 of 1