Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Changes after being run in?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lancek

Changes after being run in? Empty
PostSubject: Changes after being run in?   Changes after being run in? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:23 am

Ive just clicked 560klm's on the WRR and had the best 2 hours on Sunday - more confidence and just starting to open the throttle further. Jumps and slides are such awesome fun as is cruising down the dry riverbeds and avoiding the odd Kangaroo and Monitor Lizard.

Now that Im opening the throttle some more there seems to be a range that this thing really kicks into life, is there a definative powerband on the WRR? Maybe its a mixture of wearing in, more throttle and more ability?

But i am having a ball - just need to still keep it contained until I have completed at least 1000klm's???

Ohh has anyone installed the GYTR licence plate holder too? Love to see some pics - our aussie tail light assembly is much smaller than the US and instead of going down the DRD path it seems this might be all I need at $39AUD?

Bring on the weekend :)
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Changes after being run in?   Changes after being run in? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:44 am

Do you have a pic or link to this GYTR license plate holder? I didn't know they had one for this bike.

This bike likes the revs. You will find the power in the upper RPMs for sure. And most people have noticed after break in that is seems to gain a "second wind" so to speak. I noticed mine had a little more juice after the first 1000 miles.
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Changes after being run in?   Changes after being run in? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:07 am

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/motor/index.htm?model_cat.asp?modelcatid=3

sorry didnt know how to post a pic and thought this would be quicker!

Just cant make out how it sits on the bike - although I saw a very poor pic where it looks a lot like the DRC holder (I think I have that right?)

Opps try this link
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/yshop/images/products/6879/GYT-PLATE-WR-RXx001.jpg

This is what it looks like on a WR450F - although I still cant make out if its exactly the same? Seems our Aussie tail lights are different from the US ones?
http://www.atujara.org.au/gallery/d/515-1/WR450_2009_2.JPG?g2_GALLERYSID=75427c4a5a0ac39622035d2f38085cb2
http://www.atujara.org.au/gallery/d/521-1/WR450_2009_4.JPG?g2_GALLERYSID=75427c4a5a0ac39622035d2f38085cb2
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Changes after being run in?   Changes after being run in? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:30 am

lancek wrote:
Ive just clicked 560klm's on the WRR and had the best 2 hours on Sunday - more confidence and just starting to open the throttle further. Jumps and slides are such awesome fun as is cruising down the dry riverbeds and avoiding the odd Kangaroo and Monitor Lizard.

Sounds like me except I have problems with Emu's and once even a Wedged Tail Egale.
My WRR seamed to perform better after about 700km.
Pro-Fast also makes number plate holders (sorry no links, it was the one used in Trailzone Mag)
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Changes after being run in?   Changes after being run in? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:58 am

Change the oil and filter to get the nasty break-in stuff out, or at least the first bits of it. Then, feel free to wail away on it. The powerband is in the upper half of the rev range, and definitely gets stronger as the miles pile on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes after being run in?   Changes after being run in? Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes after being run in?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: