Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Taller seat options ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rvsixer

rvsixer

Taller seat options ??? Empty
PostSubject: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 am

Okay so I already installed lower foot pegs, and was finally able to almost ride comfortably, legs unfolded just enough to ride a few hours.  Then I decided my lowly surplus combat boots would no longer do protection-wise, and I got me some real MX boots.  Goodbye lowered foot peg advantage, and hello cramped up legs again (making it difficult to stand up ride again as well).

Looking for ideas/resources to inexpensively (sub $200 usd) raise the stock seat 1-1 1/2" (25-38mm).  There's got to be a cheaper way than getting a PUMPKIN Very happy  .
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:44 am

Have you tried Seat Concepts? I'll bet they could come up with something for you.
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 am

Just sent them another email....

UPDATE: SC responded, unfortunately the price is out of budget.
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

PostSubject: Re: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:01 pm

I've ridden for years with a sheepskin butt pad.  It is a great increase in comfort on my butt, plus it gives you at least an extra inch in height.  I've already used it on the WRR, but I don't really need it on this bike like I did on my VStrom.  The only problem you might have is the butt pad falling off, but it does have an attachment strap.  I've never used the strap or needed it, so I don't know how well that works.  Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:11 pm

You could build one yourself then go to a upostlry(sp I cant spell work a f**k lol) place and get a costum cover.

Theres bound to be a step by step diy online somewheres to show you how to.

I added back about an inch of foam to a cut down gasgas seat once it wasnt hard, I glued 3 layers of 1/2 inch foam floor mats (the 2' by 2' kind that hook together) to the top of the cut down stock foam then shaped them with a body fill raspe (its like a rounded agressive cheese grater). The foam floor mats are roughly the same firmness as firm seat foam, they're a touch firmer than stock but thats a good thing.

Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:41 pm

A little update.  I liked the pad idea, but just couldn't see me using a sheepskin cover (I ride more dirt bike style than sit down adventure tourer).  After a bit of googlin', I found this gel pad:
http://www.skwoosh.com/mm5/datasheets/PPAF0710-Web.pdf
Found on ebay, used the "Make Offer" button and got it for $25, so a relatively inexpensive experiment.  I'll update later after I have a chance to install/use it.
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

PostSubject: Re: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:05 am

Well the eek-bay seller seemed okay with taking money for items he did not have.  Got a refund though, and on the hunt for a stock seat to mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taller seat options ???   Taller seat options ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Taller seat options ???
Page 1 of 1