Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FI performance 'chip' ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

FI performance 'chip' ? Empty
PostSubject: FI performance 'chip' ?   FI performance 'chip' ? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:40 am

Anyone see these, or know of anyone who's used them? Looks like it could be a cheap FI mod.. no programmer needed..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HP-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-YAMAHA-WR250R-WR-250-R-XJ6-YZF-R6S_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem5882d086a2QQitemZ380151826082QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: FI performance 'chip' ?   FI performance 'chip' ? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:45 am

I doubt it would give you 1 horsepower
All it does is put a variable resistor on the air temp sender and fake a lower air temperature
Your bike does not need more fuel everywhere through the range, often it need's less, it would spoil your fuel economy and your bike would probably run like crap
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: FI performance 'chip' ?   FI performance 'chip' ? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:00 am

Get the real deal:
Either an FMF Power Programmer or a Power Commander.
Worth the dough because it improves throttle response (meaning when you open the gas, you say to yourself, "Hey, that feels a lot better because it feels more precise and powerful. What a country", and gives you more power at the same time.

I've tried my WR-250R back-to-back with the stock fueling mapping and with my Power Commander lll and with my FMF Power Programmer.
Both of these units were unmistakably better for how the bike ran and responded to the throttle - the stock settings are a severe compromise in order to pass insane EPA regulations and not meant for good performance.

Those cheapie supposed solutions are just another case of you get what you pay for, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, etc. :)
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: FI performance 'chip' ?   FI performance 'chip' ? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:07 am

Sounds right.. I'm sure to get real FI programming.. where it works with the FI.. you need the programmer. (duh)

Maybe after i sell the drz & asst. parts i'll get one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FI performance 'chip' ?   FI performance 'chip' ? Empty

Back to top Go down

FI performance 'chip' ?
Page 1 of 1