Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR

Go down 
+23
Slideways
805gregg
Vinduroman
mollycbr123
sturgeon
Monkeynuts
CSAW
Krabill
X-Racer
SoCalCodyKid
woofer2609
skierd
Rusty Shovel
Gruvey12
PYG RYDR
dfoustou
saddletramp
sophijo
GusinCA
gatorfan
DragonNester
Torontorocko
airbornediver
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
airbornediver

airbornediver

Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR Empty
PostSubject: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Ive had my WR250 about 3 years now. I did everything you can to make it a better bike, but after taking a 200 mile trip I think its time for a new bike. This bike lacks power, torque and comfort. The bike is great for city riding or some trails, but sucks on the Highway. I am thinking about a 690 Duke or 2014 Ducati Hyper.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Well, if you are going for one of those two replacement bikes, then you obviously have the wrong wrong bike currently.

Other than my daily commute in the city, I only ride the highway as a last resort to get to my next off road experience.
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Assuming you have the R version, why not keep it, if you can, for the tight off road stuff and get the Hyper or Duke for the rest.  Or, get a KTM Adventure and forget the real tight stuff.  I had the 990A and it was amazing at just about everything.
Back to top Go down
airbornediver

airbornediver

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Yeah I am thinking about keeping the WR for off road and just pick up a road bike. The 990 is sick!

DragonNester wrote:
Assuming you have the R version, why not keep it, if you can, for the tight off road stuff and get the Hyper or Duke for the rest.  Or, get a KTM Adventure and forget the real tight stuff.  I had the 990A and it was amazing at just about everything.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Take a look at the Triumph Tiger Explorer XC

Tiger
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah, the KTM990 is sick. Sick and tired. I've heard so many horror stories about the reliability of orange bikes now that I could go on about it for paragraphs.

The WR250R sucks on the highway. And a Gold Wing absolutely sucks off road.

You can't have everything.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Tenere   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Tenere Time!!
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:39 pm

I say Tiger 800XC but then again, I may be biased. wink 
Back to top Go down
dfoustou

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:02 am

I will suggest you to wait for the KTM 1190 Adventure. The most powerful and light of all the adventure bikes.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 2:38 pm

saddletramp wrote:
I say Tiger 800XC but then again, I may be biased.  wink 
Yeah, me too!  thumb
Back to top Go down
Gruvey12

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:00 pm

The WR is a premium Dual Sport, capable of nearly any adventure. I bought mine new this August and have over 6,200 miles already. I rode a round trip cross country trip from SoCal to Ohio & back, so I do know what you mean saying it lacks power, torque & comfort. But the best part is it did it & nearly wide open the whole trip. Yea a Goldwing would have been more comfortable, a KTM Duke would have had more power & yea the Ducati would do way better burn outs hahaha. But the WR is capable of doing EVERYTHING & doing it well, with very little maintenance! If I was wealthy I would have the orange bike, the Ducati and a WR,but being on a budget I will stick to the WR for everything!
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:53 am

I'm still waiting for word on the KTM 390 Enduro R.  That model might finally win me over to the Orange Mafia.

Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR 1002967_518453104887462_1890931006_n
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:30 pm

About halfway across Oklahoma two years ago I swore I never would cross the great plains on my WRR again, at least on pavement, so I understand completely. But it does everything else so well, so a stable mate it'll get eventually.

I tried pairing it with a CB750, and it was a close match but I couldn't get comfortable on it. I probably should have just fixed the ergo issues instead of selling it, but the kid who bought it from me was so completely stoked to own it I don't feel bad. A true road bike, for me, is definitely the answer. I'm leaning hard towards an early 2000's Ducati 1000DS or Monster S2R 1000, or a Moto Guzzi. Or a harley. Of course the new liquiid cooled GS is a great bike too...
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Bikes with the fenders right on the tire are ugly, in my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:09 pm

GusinCA wrote:
Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a more street oriented bike--but I like the high fenders too.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Rusty Shovel wrote:
GusinCA wrote:
Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a more street oriented bike--but I like the high fenders too.
+1
Back to top Go down
woofer2609

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 12:14 pm

airbornediver wrote:
Ive had my WR250 about 3 years now. I did everything you can to make it a better bike, but after taking a 200 mile trip I think its time for a new bike. This bike lacks power, torque and comfort. The bike is great for city riding or some trails, but sucks on the Highway. I am thinking about a 690 Duke or 2014 Ducati Hyper.
The ktm 690 is also good bike to look at as it is just as capable off road as the wr, exactly the same weight, has extended service intervals, and can ride 2-up and or luggage. It's like an orange wr with double the power and almost 3x the torque. not sure about the seat.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Except that KTM's break down.

A lot.
Back to top Go down
SoCalCodyKid

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:19 pm

airbornediver wrote:
I commute on my WR every day 90 miles on the FREEWAY any zip through traffic faster than 99% of streetbikes or harleys. This bike is light, tight, and just fine for me!
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:53 pm

I can't think of a better bike for city riding. I noticed the cops in San Francisco have a lot of them now.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 3:36 pm

GusinCA wrote:
Except that KTM's break down. A lot.

The above being a completely unfounded, hasty generalization statement... Perhaps only with regard to the WR reliability, but that's about it.

The Tenere was the worst rated on a multi-bike ride through the Alps. I can't recall the mag I was reading.

You can bet the 390 Enduro R Adventure will come with a $14K pricetag.

IMO, the OP had the wrong bike to begin with (underestimated the capability WRT use requirements).

.....but the alternative selections are definitely better suited for the new "scope".
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 am

I've got a WRR and a Super Tenere. They make a great pair.
Back to top Go down
CSAW

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 3:16 pm

saddletramp wrote:

PYG RYDR wrote:
saddletramp wrote:
Yeah, me too!  thumb

+1 I can play this game too.
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Have you seen the new CCM GP450 ? don't know if you'll be able to get it over where you are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR   Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR Empty

Back to top Go down

Want a new Bike. Tired of the WR
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next