Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Plastic skid plate noise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krispy

Krispy

Plastic skid plate noise Empty
PostSubject: Plastic skid plate noise   Plastic skid plate noise EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi all,

Just fitted a plastic skid plate yesterday evening, nice fit. Rode to work this morning and wow, there is alot of reflected engine noise, i was expecting some but not for it to be louder than the stock exhaust ( @ some rpms). Do these things tone down after a while or should i be looking at some kind of sound dampening?

Its a axp plate, the noise goes straight up in my helmet.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Plastic skid plate noise   Plastic skid plate noise EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Krispy wrote:
Hi all,

Just fitted a plastic skid plate yesterday evening, nice fit. Rode to work this morning and wow, there is alot of reflected engine noise, i was expecting some but not for it to be louder than the stock exhaust ( @ some rpms). Do these things tone down after a while or should i be looking at some kind of sound dampening?

Its a axp plate, the noise goes straight up in my helmet.

Cheers
I have a B&B and though it increased the noise a little I barely notice it now that it's been on the bike a while.  I usually wear ear plugs and generally have pretty good hearing.  I would say I don't notice it bouncing motor/exhaust noise into my helmet so much as I hear vibration reverberating though the skid plate.  Yes, the plate is mounted securely. The noise hasn't changed since the day I installed it as far as I know.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
Wallrat

Wallrat

PostSubject: Re: Plastic skid plate noise   Plastic skid plate noise EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:02 am

Get 6 pieces of rubber, about 1"x1", and install them between the plate and the frame. When I installed my skidplate the noise increase was rattling my fillings loose. Did that and its barely louder than stock. As an added bonus, it will prevent water from pooling against the frame causing premature rust.
Back to top Go down
Krispy

Krispy

PostSubject: Re: Plastic skid plate noise   Plastic skid plate noise EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:27 pm

the other day i put two layers of dynamat down, reflections gone. took it offroad yesterday and went over a few logs, much better know being able to slide over the bigger ones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic skid plate noise   Plastic skid plate noise Empty

Back to top Go down

Plastic skid plate noise
Page 1 of 1