Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

keeps over reving

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pinty

keeps over reving Empty
PostSubject: keeps over reving   keeps over reving EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:51 am

hi everyone, I am Graham from the UK, I have a WR250F 2002,when I shut off my throttle it over revs to 1500 for about 30 seconds then goes back top normal, then when I rev it again it does exactly the same have cleaned my carb out numerous times, checked throttle cables for tightness, but everything ok there. put new carb seal from carb to engine

Please help  GAHHHH 
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

keeps over reving Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeps over reving   keeps over reving EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:20 am

Well this is a WR250R forum which is a completely different bike than a WR250F.

The WR250R has fuel injection and not a carburetor.
Back to top Go down
Dan893

keeps over reving Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeps over reving   keeps over reving EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:04 am

Well ill try and offer some help. It sounds like your engine is running lean. A lean engine will typically have the rpms hang after you let go of the throttle. Is the air/fuel screw adjusted properly and did this problem occur after you changed the boot that holds the card to engine as it also sounds like an air/vacume leak
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

keeps over reving Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeps over reving   keeps over reving EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:10 am

If the bike is starting hard check you valve clearances too.

I have seen tight valves cause engines to over rev at idle once they are warm but not in the exact manner in which you describe.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

keeps over reving Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeps over reving   keeps over reving EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:34 am

Double-check every rubber gasket and O-ring for deterioration or even the possibility of being missing.
The little O-ring at the fuel screw can cause this if it's gone or falling apart.

When I bought my own 2002 WR-250F in July of 2012, it had sat in the guy's garage more than anything for 10 years (it was a garage queen).
One day, he had another guy prepare the bike for sale when he decided to finally sell it since he practically never rode it.
Even though it was obvious someone had the carburetor apart for a cleaning, most of the rubber parts were deteriorated badly and needed replacing.
Back to top Go down
mekros

keeps over reving Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeps over reving   keeps over reving EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 pm

It sounds like you've got an air leak. Check your mounting boots for cracks or any signs it has perished (include flexing them around). Make sure you have mounted everything properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

keeps over reving Empty
PostSubject: Re: keeps over reving   keeps over reving Empty

Back to top Go down

keeps over reving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: What Broke?-
Jump to: