Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ebay brake light install

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gomerwr250

ebay brake light install  Empty
PostSubject: ebay brake light install    ebay brake light install  EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:56 pm

this is like the light i bought except the one i got has a silver tag bracket instead of black.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-LED-Plate-Holder-Tail-Light-Brake-Custom-License-dual-sport-/161207042200?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2588b04098&vxp=mtr

the install is pretty easy i should have took more pics but phone went dead but will get some later.
first off take the old light off along with the bracket under the subframe. there is two tabs on the rear most part of the subframe i just bent them down and over slightly and bolted the light to them it was easy but would make returning to stock a pain. the wiring goes like this.
you only use the white plug with 3 wires and the grey and black plugs with 2 wires
ebay light    -     motorcycle harness
black          -     black
red            -      yellow
green         -      blue
white         -     brown
yellow        -     green
you don't use the grounds on the factory 2 wire plugs that goes to the signals and the plug on the harness that is yellow goes to the tag light but on the ebay light the tag light runs off the running lights witch is the green to blue wire. but i haven't got to look at night yet but i believe the tag light isn't very bright so i left the wires on the bike and have a set of lighted tag light bolts coming that i can wire in. the light seems bright and looks nice on the bike its tucked high and tight out of the way. also you will need to drill tag bolt holes at least the virginia tag didn't work with the pre drilled holes. it is centered but my picture taking skills suck
ebay brake light install  <a href=ebay brake light install  IMG_20140126_131219_071_zps6381bf30" />
i forgot to mention you need to run a bead of super glue around the lens to keep out water it doesn't look sealed very well and i used some blue glue were the wires go into it also
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: ebay brake light install    ebay brake light install  EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Looks nice! I was just about to order one of these.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: ebay brake light install    ebay brake light install  EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:32 pm

gomerwr250 wrote:
this is like the light i bought except the one i got has a silver tag bracket instead of black.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-LED-Plate-Holder-Tail-Light-Brake-Custom-License-dual-sport-/161207042200?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2588b04098&vxp=mtr

the install is pretty easy i should have took more pics but phone went dead but will get some later.
first off take the old light off along with the bracket under the subframe. there is two tabs on the rear most part of the subframe i just bent them down and over slightly and bolted the light to them it was easy but would make returning to stock a pain. the wiring goes like this.
you only use the white plug with 3 wires and the grey and black plugs with 2 wires
ebay light    -     motorcycle harness
black          -     black
red            -      yellow
green         -      blue
white         -     brown
yellow        -     green
you don't use the grounds on the factory 2 wire plugs that goes to the signals and the plug on the harness that is yellow goes to the tag light but on the ebay light the tag light runs off the running lights witch is the green to blue wire. but i haven't got to look at night yet but i believe the tag light isn't very bright so i left the wires on the bike and have a set of lighted tag light bolts coming that i can wire in. the light seems bright and looks nice on the bike its tucked high and tight out of the way. also you will need to drill tag bolt holes at least the virginia tag didn't work with the pre drilled holes. it is centered but my picture taking skills suck
ebay brake light install  <a href=ebay brake light install  IMG_20140126_131219_071_zps6381bf30" />
i forgot to mention you need to run a bead of super glue around the lens to keep out water it doesn't look sealed very well and i used some blue glue were the wires go into it also

gomerwr250
What's the update on this?
Have you found that everything works well?
Back to top Go down
gomerwr250

PostSubject: Re: ebay brake light install    ebay brake light install  EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 3:05 pm

yes it has done great. Its survived over 100 miles of trail ridding threw mud and snow. made it threw a minor crash and a couple pressure washings the tag light is plenty bright enough and I have no problem with the cops I just wipe the mud off before I hit the slab recommend it 100%
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: ebay brake light install    ebay brake light install  EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 am

Make sure you get a good one. A lot of the ebay led tail lamps are very dim compared to stock. Getting rear ended sucks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ebay brake light install    ebay brake light install  Empty

Back to top Go down

ebay brake light install
Page 1 of 1