Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trip meter and clock reset randomly

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Trip meter and clock reset randomly Empty
PostSubject: Trip meter and clock reset randomly   Trip meter and clock reset randomly EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:49 am

I took my WR out for for some trail riding for the first time over the weekend. It was some pretty rough stuff and because of off-idle hesitation due to the PC5 and lack of skill in the woods, I stalled the bike several times.

I don't know if it was due to the stalling or riding some pretty rough terrain, but the trip meter and clock reset themselves several times during the ride. Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Trip meter and clock reset randomly   Trip meter and clock reset randomly EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:50 am

If I had to guess - it's the terrain causing a momentary lack of connection in an electrical part - perhaps a fuse bouncing just enough to lose contact.  dunno 

Remember - these are dual sport bikes - not trail bikes. While they can handle a lot, I doubt they are built for serious off-road shananigans and severe rocky bouncy terrain.

You might be shaking her brains just a bit too much.

Does it ever happen on paved surfaces?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Trip meter and clock reset randomly   Trip meter and clock reset randomly EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 am

No, it's never done it in "X" mode on the street.

It's got to be a lose connection or maybe an intermittent short somewhere. I'll have to go over the wires to the display.

Regarding offroad capability, In "R" mode, the little WR did just fine. Handled the rough stuff and no parts fell off, including the rider!  Very happy 
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Trip meter and clock reset randomly   Trip meter and clock reset randomly EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:38 pm

you might wanna check your battery.

I went to turn on my bike today as I regularly do in the winter but it wouldn't start (it's been 3 weeks since my last start, I usually did every 2 with no problems  baldy )

anyway as I was cranking the bike my clock reset several times (but not the trip meter). it happened after a couple seconds with the battery turning over the engine but not having enough juice.. it would then make a clicking sound, I'd release the starter and the clock was reset.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Trip meter and clock reset randomly   Trip meter and clock reset randomly EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:16 pm

bigg wrote:
you might wanna check your battery.

I went to turn on my bike today as I regularly do in the winter but it wouldn't start (it's been 3 weeks since my last start, I usually did every 2 with no problems  baldy )

anyway as I was cranking the bike my clock reset several times (but not the trip meter). it happened after a couple seconds with the battery turning over the engine but not having enough juice.. it would then make a clicking sound, I'd release the starter and the clock was reset.
Worth a look. The battery is the original and it seems to be a little weak. Surprised it has lasted this long.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Trip meter and clock reset randomly   Trip meter and clock reset randomly EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:15 pm

You were right, bigg.  It was the battery.  Solved a problem I was having with off-idle hesitation/stalling too.  Running great now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip meter and clock reset randomly   Trip meter and clock reset randomly Empty

Back to top Go down

Trip meter and clock reset randomly
Page 1 of 1