Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Please Need Help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tp110mx

tp110mx

Please Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Please Need Help!   Please Need Help! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Hello all! I have been riding my X for years and it's as stock as the day I bought it. Now I'm looking for ideas. I'm finally pulling the trigger on mods! Use my X for commuting through the city 80 miles round trip to work. Rippin Back road twisties when I can.

What I've purchased this week.
K&N air filter
Renthal sprockets and chain 13/42

What's been on my mind for purchasing and mods...yet need HELP...
Yoshimura RS4
FMF programmer or Yosh pim2??? What map works best with this set up?
Airbox mod.
Ais mod.
Fender eliminator.

Please help! After looking at this blog for a week straight I'm overwhelmed with so many different ideas.

Thanks for the Help!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Please Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Need Help!   Please Need Help! EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 10:16 am

Mods are all personal preference so you will get lots of different susgestions.

I have the fmf Q4 pipe, its much cheaper around here and the fmf programmer, which was the cheapest for me to get.

I dont think the fmf programmer is better then other programmers but its cheap and simple, all I was after was making the bike rich enough so it ran good with mods and it did that, my bike runs great. I gained a fair bit of power from idle to the limiter, it makes the bike more fun and easier to ride IMO.

You can get the bike to run even better with a programmer like the pc5 but it wasnt worth the extra money to me.

I dont know squat about the yosh pim2, if its like the pc5 it will be better when properly tuned than the fmf programmer that just adds some fuel to the stock map.

You didnt say which fender elminator you're getting, if you get the edge tail light seal it up before you install it, its unsealed and doesnt last long, mine only lasted a few months.
Back to top Go down

Please Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Need Help!   Please Need Help! EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 1:00 pm

If you've had the bike for years and now want a performance upgrade, maybe you're just getting tired of the bike? Go ride an FZ-09 and you may change your mind...
Back to top Go down
tp110mx

tp110mx

Please Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Need Help!   Please Need Help! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:04 pm

Thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Please Need Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Need Help!   Please Need Help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Need Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Pipes 'n Programmers-
Jump to: