Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hubs that fit WR250X?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublesome222

Hubs that fit WR250X? Empty
PostSubject: Hubs that fit WR250X?   Hubs that fit WR250X? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:37 am

Are there any other Yamaha or other make wheel hubs that will fit the WR250X? There has got to be another Yamaha hub that will fit the X. I want another set of wheels for the X but a complete set of Warp 9's are out of my budget.
Back to top Go down
WesEv

WesEv

Hubs that fit WR250X? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hubs that fit WR250X?   Hubs that fit WR250X? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Troublesome222 wrote:
Are there any other Yamaha or other make wheel hubs that will fit the WR250X?  There has got to be another Yamaha hub that will fit the X.  I want another set of wheels for the X but a complete set of Warp 9's are out of my budget.

After doing a bunch of research on this I ended up going with an aftermarket KTM front wheel (21") for a 640 ADV. The big KTMs use a 300mm front disk like the X. I had some custom spacers made and got it all to work with the stock X caliper. I still need to check that the caliper won't hit the spokes with new brake pads. Its very close as the X caliper has large webs on the backside. In terms of finding a low cost solution you also need to consider your brake solution, I wanted to keep the X brake for simplicity and cost.

Most dirt bikes switched to a 20mm axle in the 90s and the X has a 17mm axle. There is a thread somewhere about using a 89-95 RM hub from a 17mm axle bike that you can use.

If you are Ok with a silver rim you could consider a new YZ front wheel (around 2006). These are only $232 new from Yamaha (5XC-W2519-L0-00), the entire wheel with rotor, bearings... its great deal. I have an 06 YZ 250 and 125 and can confirm that the caliper from either will fit right on the X fork leg. There are lots of these calipers on ebay. Of course the YZ axle is 20mm so you still need custom spacers/shims (no, there is no 17mm ID bearing that fits the hub) and the rotor is pretty thin for street/loaded ADV bike use. I see there is a Moto Master Dakar 298mm rotor in their catalog but can't find anyone selling them online.

-Wes
Back to top Go down

Hubs that fit WR250X?
Page 1 of 1