Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New owner need help identifying parts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xJoshuaDrakex

New owner need help identifying parts Empty
PostSubject: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Finally bought a 08 wr250x and man I love this bike. I currently had and still have an 09 fz6r. Anyways, I need help identifying what the hell these things are. Thanks.New owner need help identifying parts Img_8511

New owner need help identifying parts Img_8512
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 pm

The bottom pic is the side stand switch that somebody unbolted and then zip-tied to the frame.

As with all other street bikes these days, that switch is part of a system that will kill the engine if you put the bike in gear with the side stand down.
Back to top Go down
xJoshuaDrakex

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 pm

YZEtc wrote:
The bottom pic is the side stand switch that somebody unbolted and then zip-tied to the frame.

As with all other street bikes these days, that switch is part of a system that will kill the engine if you put the bike in gear with the side stand down.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now what does the top picture connector go to?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:23 am

Top picture almost looks like the EXUP servo connector. But, you'd be getting an error code if it was just stuck under seat like that. I have no idea what that could go to. Do you have stock exhaust? I'd guess not since it looks like the usual flapper crap is all gone.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
xJoshuaDrakex

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 am

motokid wrote:
Top picture almost looks like the EXUP servo connector. But, you'd be getting an error code if it was just stuck under seat like that. I have no idea what that could go to. Do you have stock exhaust? I'd guess not since it looks like the usual flapper crap is all gone.

Yeah I have the FMF exhaust and header. Flapper mod was already done but I still have the AIS system. Also I didn't see a fmf EFI programmer. But yeah I have no idea what that thing connects to. scratch 
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:26 am

xJoshuaDrakex wrote:

Yeah I have the FMF exhaust and header. Flapper mod was already done but I still have the AIS system. Also I didn't see a fmf EFI programmer. But yeah I have no idea what that thing connects to. scratch 

Can you get any kind of idea where the other end goes? Is it possible it's for connecting to auxiliary crap like a heated riding vest or something?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
xJoshuaDrakex

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm

motokid wrote:
xJoshuaDrakex wrote:

Can you get any kind of idea where the other end goes? Is it possible it's for connecting to auxiliary crap like a heated riding vest or something?

I will have to look again when I get home. I found this picture on rick ramsey website. It looks like he has it taped off at the end of the connector.

New owner need help identifying parts WRR053
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:49 pm

the upper picture is the intake flapper solenoid connector....the EXUP connector is a six wire plug (five wires)...just tape it back..
Back to top Go down
xJoshuaDrakex

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 am

Fuzzy Wrench wrote:
the upper picture is the intake flapper solenoid connector....the EXUP connector is a six wire plug (five wires)...just tape it back..

Awesome. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner need help identifying parts   New owner need help identifying parts Empty

Back to top Go down

New owner need help identifying parts
Page 1 of 1