Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hand guards ????

Go down 
+3
Gath3r13
motokid
Fiftygrit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi new here, I have a new 2014 WRR, still have the stock bars, bought renthal guards and they dont fit, what is every one using, and do you have a part number that I can use to order, they have to mount on the down curve under the cross bar, there is no room between the bar and the brake cylinder to mount to the flat part of the bar, anyways hope I explained that clearly enough, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 am

Wow 75 views and not one reply, I looked up Cycra, Bark buster`s, Tusk, and Moose, All I was wondering was what every one used and maybe how the install went, cheer`s  Shog 
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 5:23 am

I have Zeta hand guards and bark-busters. Everything I needed for the install came in the original package.

I don't know exactly what issues you're having.
Did you order them specifically for your bike and handlebar size?

Can you take some pictures and post them regarding what problems you're having?

Is this what you got? http://www.renthal.com/shop/mx-products/handguards

Those are kinda funky looking and not anything like what I have.

Not sure, but perhaps a bit more info and a picture or two would help.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 9:44 am

I love my HDB Guards,risers and top clamp.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=handguards_00

Pricey but well worth it IMO.

Great communication with the owner as well. I had a lot of questions and he had the answers.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 11:08 am

motokid those were the ones I had, I have acerbic on order now, I wanted the one`s that go right out to the bar end, the Yamaha dealer has been trying to get some stuff for my bike as he owed me some money on my trade in, we live kind of out in the boonies so not much choice here, those HDB ones look good also, thanks for the info, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm running the acerbis on mine, needed a bit of ingenuity to get them to work properly (but that's half the fun, right?). After installing them they've been great.
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Hey gath- or anyone else reading this that has the HDB guards with mirrors- I love them too just wondering if those mirrors shake a lot? Thanks for any help!!!!
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Phillyride wrote:
Hey gath- or anyone else reading this that has the HDB guards with mirrors- I love them too just wondering if those mirrors shake a lot? Thanks for any help!!!!

Love em.. no shake.

Only issue is when I am trying to position myself to roost some one behind me I sometimes telegraph the roost by looking down in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 10:44 pm

rsteiger wrote:

Love em.. no shake.

What he said. I was pleasantly surprised on how well these mirrors work.
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 6:13 am

Haha- copy that bob!
Back to top Go down
emdavis197

emdavis197

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 2:00 pm

I installed the Cycra Pro-Bends. They come with some long spacers where the bar clamp attaches to the hand guard itself. I love them. Great quality product at a good price. I did a video install here where you can see me solve the same issue with the hand guard making contact with the brake fluid reservoir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAMlohjgnOA

You can get the Cycra kit for both stock 7/8" bars as well as 1 1/8" tapered bars.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Good video, I ended up installing the acerbic, had no problems getting them on, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hand guards ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hand guards ????   Hand guards ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand guards ????
Page 1 of 1