Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
greyrider

Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl Empty
PostSubject: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 am

I had the dealer install the IMS 3 gallon when I bought the bike. Just wondering if and when the fuel warning light comes on and how much fuel is left vs. the stock tank? So far have not run the tank more than 1.5-2 gallons down and am paranoid about running it empty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 1:14 pm

I've got the IMS and I think there's about 1 gallon left when the light comes on. There was a thread on how to change this but it involves modifying the fuel pump assembly inside the tank so I didn't want to mess with it.
Back to top Go down
greyrider

PostSubject: Re: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Ok, thanks. I'll keep going till it comes on and then determine how fuel it takes at that point. I was afraid it might not come on at all.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:17 pm

That's the best plan, it should come on ~140 miles and have just under a gallon left. Mine has an easy 35 miles of fuel left. YMMV
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 9:52 am

I know this thread is old, but just a reference point for others that may be trying to estimate range/fuel. I'm running a 13/47 combo right now. Repeatedly hitting reserve at 120 miles. Filling up within a few miles of the reserve light comes on I put in 2.4 gallons, leaving 0.6 in the tank. I'm not sure how much of that is actually usable, but take it for what it's worth. That puts me right at 50MPG riding dual sport gravel, ATV trails, etc.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Is your speedo/odo stock or have you corrected the speedo with a SpeedoDRD (which affects the odo)?
Also, are you heavy on the throttle or mild with it?

For reference, I only get 90 km (56 mi) per tank before my light comes on with my stock tank on my modded WRX. Heavy throttle. SpeedoDRD corrected (odo is off). Usually about 5.3 L (1.4 gal) to fill up at that point.

Last edited by Evol on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Speedo is corrected, so odometer is off a bit I'm sure. That's riding pretty spirited. Definitely not the usual fire road cruising.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl   Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel warning on IMS 3 gl
Page 1 of 1