Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wheel Removal In The Boondocks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keetmanaa

Wheel Removal In The Boondocks Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Removal In The Boondocks   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Almost all of my riding experience has been on motorcycles with tubeless tires and usually with a center-stand. Now that I'm doing most of my off road riding on my WR250R I'm wondering how best to position the bike for removal of the wheels to fix a punctured tube. Laying the bike on its side is an option I guess, or finding a rock or stump to place under the bash plate another, but do y'all have another method that works?
Back to top Go down
johncr250

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Removal In The Boondocks   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Not many other options besides a rock or a stump to support the bike in the field.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Removal In The Boondocks   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Do a search for "motorcycle trail stand"
Back to top Go down
keetmanaa

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Removal In The Boondocks   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Found this   Enduro Star TS2 Trail Stand http://www.endurostar.com/
Seems to work...hope so.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Trail Stand   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:41 pm

keetmanaa wrote:
Found this   Enduro Star TS2 Trail Stand     http://www.endurostar.com/
Seems to work...hope so.

Find some aluminum crutches at a garage sale; cut of appropriate length piece ( it will be adjustable).....mine was $2!
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Removal In The Boondocks   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:56 pm

That's why I use tireballs. Trying to change a tube on the side of a mountain on a snow covered single track made me swear so much the grass there will never grow back...

But those are only ok if you do 99% off road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Removal In The Boondocks   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 pm

keetmanaa wrote:
Found this   Enduro Star TS2 Trail Stand     http://www.endurostar.com/
Seems to work...hope so.

I borrowed another rider's Trail Stand and it was really nice, since I was in the desert with no stumps or logs. I have changed tubes using a stump and also a log before. It's all part of the adventure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Removal In The Boondocks   Wheel Removal In The Boondocks Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel Removal In The Boondocks
Page 1 of 1