Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers

Go down 
+2
ramz
motokid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers Empty
PostSubject: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:14 pm

the ones on this page <--- clicky

Are they $56.95 each?

Or is that for the pair?

The Armor Handguard states they are sold as a pair, but the XC Protectors doesn't say that.

Thanks.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:42 pm

If they were sold by the 'each', you'd have to specify left or right and since there is no such provision, they must be by the pair. Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers Icon_scratch

I like them Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers 61865
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:56 am

You might email, or call, and ask the retailer. Any of us would just be guessing. I could tell you what I assume, but you need to go to the source. The folks that take your money and pack and ship the box is the only opinion that matters. Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers 61865
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 8:10 am

ramz wrote:
If they were sold by the 'each', you'd have to specify left or right and since there is no such provision, they must be by the pair. Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers Icon_scratch

I like this train of thought.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 8:11 am

Chadx wrote:
You might email, or call, and ask the retailer. Any of us would just be guessing. I could tell you what I assume, but you need to go to the source. The folks that take your money and pack and ship the box is the only opinion that matters. Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers 61865

I know that at least 3 or 4 members here have them. They won't have to guess. Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers 93746

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 10:18 am

OK, well it's for both. If you compare what retailers charge for the complete kit, including the guards and the flasher protectors ($135), it makes sense since most charge $80 for the handguards and $56 for the flasher protectors.

Just to mention it for anyone else reading this thread, if you don't already have the Zeta handguards, you need to buy those, too. The $56 is just for the plastic protectors, not the handguards themselves. When you order it all together, sometimes you get little extra things, like the resistor wire kit that you'll need (only if you want to slow the turn signal blink closer to the standard rate rather than a fast rate that you get from changin from incandescent bulbs to LEDs). Hope that helps.

I did a quick search to pull up the threads already started here and found these, which have more info you might be interested in:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/zeta-xc-flasher-handguards-t712.htm
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/blinkers-t8.htm?

Last edited by Chadx on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 10:46 am

motokid wrote:
ramz wrote:

I like this train of thought.

I placed the order....based on the above line of reasoning.
Pictures will show the true deal once I get the stuff.

Thanks.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am

I have them, love them and they indeed came as a pair. thumb

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:03 pm

I think they look good, but I would be concerned with how they hold up to 'mishaps'.

A guy in the pits at the track had a tip over with his Ducati Hypermotard which has the integrated turn signals and mirror in the hand gaurds. Both the mirror and the light on that side broke.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Mine are still intact. I've dropped it a few times and nothing has shattered or broke. I had to readjust the barkbuster a bit, but nothing broke. To me they are pretty tough.

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 3:59 pm

That's good feedback.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm sure it'll just be a matter of time before I test the shields.
If they break relatively easy I'll try something else.

My dirt experience is so tiny that dropping the bike is inevitable once I take the plunge.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 12:08 am

I landed on a rock with mine...like a 3 foot diameter real rough hunk of granite. All it did was scratch the bloody thing. I got more rash then the damned plastic... baldy

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:51 am

SheWolf wrote:
I landed on a rock with mine...like a 3 foot diameter real rough hunk of granite. All it did was scratch the bloody thing. I got more rash then the damned plastic... baldy

Your hand guards are in better shape than mine, don't even notice the scratches.

I like the concept on having the turn markers there on the guards, it give the bike I nice clean look.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Yep. They come as a pair. Just arrived. Pic's to follow once I get a chance to install. Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers 379944

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Nice. What color did you get?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers   Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeta XC Protectors with Flashers
Page 1 of 1