Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kevsand

wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem? Empty
PostSubject: wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem?   wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 7:54 pm

i just picked up my 08 wrx this past saturday. the ride home was about an hour long, and then i rode around for about another hour after getting back with frequent shutting off and turning back on. bike was running great no signs of any issues. took it out for a short ride yesterday and all seemed well. today i went to start it and it fired up and it idled for about a minute maybe two minutes and then out of no where it shut off and now it wont start. i can hear the fuel pump prime, the bike will crank but it just wont start. it also back fired quite a bit when i was trying to start it. not sure if thats an indication of anything. also saw a flame come out of the pipe. the bike has 1700 miles on it. it has a yoshi slip on and the air box mod but no fuel management. its about 30 degrees where im at. maybe with the mods and no fuel management plus the cold weather it would cause it to not start? the bike was produced in 06/08. ive been reading about the fuel pumps having issues and thinking maybe it failed on me in the few days ive had it?? or maybe the spark plug could have gone bad? if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem?   wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Sounds like you are getting fuel, I'd put a new spark plug in and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
kevsand

PostSubject: Re: wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem?   wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 pm

wristpin wrote:
Sounds like you are getting fuel, I'd put a new spark plug in and see what happens.

i just replaced the spark plug. she fired right up! thanks for the adivce!

wings wings wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem?   wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem? Empty

Back to top Go down

wrx wont start. possible fuel pump problem?
Page 1 of 1