Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover

Go down 
+5
KiLLeRrKeN
Biglake
Evol
waltermitty
Phillyride
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Phillyride

Phillyride

Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover Empty
PostSubject: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 am

Hi everyone I would like your thoughts on the zeta front brake cover/protector. I am just a weekend warrior off-roading and it's not major riding my old body could not take it! But I love it - I know the upside to having it are there any down sides? Thanks for all your knowledge and input! Ya'll be cool! Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
waltermitty

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:37 am

Bling.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:43 pm

This one?
Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover Actual_4458_36_7564-600x800
It's pricey
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:50 pm

Evil- so sweet!!!!! You daman!!!!thanks
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Damn spell check-evol thanks!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 pm

waltermitty wrote:
Bling.

+1

None of the guys that race off road around here run front disk guards, its just not needed.
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey big lake I was just thinking of sticks and such in the woods around here probably be a good idea to have some protection!!!
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:30 pm

link for the CF variant and non CF if possible

EDIT: Nvm i see it's a Zeta Carbon product, so yeah its money lol
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Biglake wrote:
waltermitty wrote:
Bling.

+1

None of the guys that race off road around here run front disk guards, its just not needed.

+2 unnecessary un sprung weight
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 am

Phillyride wrote:
Hey big lake I was just thinking of sticks and such in the woods around here probably be a good idea to have some protection!!!

I don't think it would last long if you hit a log
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Phillyride wrote:

Its a 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other kinda deal...

It may stop some thing from bending the disk or it might get a stick or rock jammed in it that would've never been an issue without it.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:27 pm

I have always thought those disc guards are very important....

For the companies that make and market them.

Never had one and doubt I ever will get one.
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Yes indeed R- I am going to go without also ! Thanks for the input!!!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Think it would be a nice place for a stick to jam in and stay instead of bouncing off. dunno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 6:36 pm

I do a lot of trail riding through logs and rocks etc. My practice is to use a rear disc guard (shark fin) but not the front. I can usually see where the front wheel is going and miss big objects. The rear, on the other hand, I can't see, and many times gets caught between things or slides sideways into things.

Finally, the cost of a front disc guard is equal or greater than the cost of the replacement rotor!
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Dhally thanks I will def do that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover   Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie! Need thoughts on front brake cover
Page 1 of 1