Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

DS helmet w/goggles?

Go down 
+5
rarepartbuilder
Evol
stevep84
motokid
Phillyride
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Phillyride

Phillyride

DS helmet w/goggles? Empty
PostSubject: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi everyone needing some help!!!!! Does anyone know of a good DS helmet that you can raise the shield and then wear goggles for off-roading? Thanks for your help you always come thru!!!!!!! thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Why not just use a motocross helmet and goggles all the time?

I do.

I love it.

Shoei makes a DS helmet by the name of Hornet I believe. Look that up. Might be what you're looking for.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 5:32 pm

I have an Arai XD-4 and love it.
I haven't worn goggle with it though but they are designed to be worn with them or the visor down.
http://www.revzilla.com/arai-xd-4-helmet
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 5:34 pm

Not trying to be rude, but why would you want goggles when you have the face shield ? I ride off road with my Variant with no ill affect...
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Motokid which helmet do you wear? Steve I loved the Arai that's what I wanted to get but I just found out may be going bowhunting in Texas was going to try and ( sounds crazy) but cheap just a bit on the helmet - the icon is a bit cheaper but don't think the shield goes all the way up and evol good point maybe I can get the icon and do not need goggles!! This is why I reach out to you guys!!! Thanks boys!!! Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 6:31 pm

the hornet is out if your cutting costs. they are not cheap. A riding buddy has a fly trekker helmet that looks along the lines of a hornet. You can wear googles or use the face shield if you like and its not expensive..

helmet link HERE
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Evol wrote:
Not trying to be rude, but why would you want goggles when you have the face shield ? I ride off road with my Variant with no ill affect...

Dust & airflow.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:18 pm

try anyone of these, my shield folds up enough to add goggles but this style has the chin guard a little closer than a motocross helmet. I always have my shield cracked open anyway. https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t4445-best-looking-dual-sport-helmets-under-150?highlight=dual+sport+helmet
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:04 am

Thanks mcdoudle - and I do feel like I should be spending more on my head protection!!!
I def have some research to do ! You guys are awesome love being part of the WR family ! Thanks for all the help!!! Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 6:21 am

Hey boys update! Just pulled the trigger on the shoei hornet close out price of $349 a bit less than the Arai and a bit more than the fly - to me I will be comfortable now feeling I have adequate head protection in case of a crash - thanks for all the help again!!!!! thumb
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:35 am

I've ridden off road with a street helmet. The only problem is fogging up the visor, which is why goggles are better at low speeds and when you are working hard/breathing heavy. I have also ridden off road with a street helmet after removing the shield and wearing goggles.

I currently have an Icon Variant, wonderful helmet.

I think this is an old HJC:
DS helmet w/goggles? 131d55d6
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:48 am

Dmmcd I have a Hjc I bought when I got the bike added the sena Bluetooth very comfy helmet it is my winter helmet / I thought it would be cooler (temp wise) for summer to have the DS helmet w/goggles off road- I'm going to PM you maybe ride sometime souderton is right up 309 from me!
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:49 am

Thanks motokid!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Fly Trecker, nice shield and can ware goggles also, reasonable price to boot.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:24 am

Phillyride wrote:
Dmmcd I have a Hjc I bought when I got the bike added the sena Bluetooth very comfy helmet it is my winter helmet / I thought it would be cooler (temp wise) for summer to have the DS helmet w/goggles off road- I'm going to PM you maybe ride sometime souderton is right up 309 from me!

I'm like 2 minutes off 309, give me a shout sometime.

I wear the Icon Variant in all sorts of weather, 25 deg F to 100 and so far I really like it. I got it on clearance (50% off) a little while ago. It has great venting when it's hot, but also seals up nicely when it's cold. You can take the visor off and run goggles if you want.

No comments about the jammies...

DS helmet w/goggles? IMG_0224
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:28 pm

No comment on the Jammies but the helmet looks a little big on you. poser2
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:36 am

Ya even that cat looks a little freaked out hahaha
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:33 am

poser2 poser2

Scary thing is, my 9 year old boy has almost the same size head as me.

That is Fish the cat. She gets freaked out at everything. Her brother Guppy is much more friendly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS helmet w/goggles?   DS helmet w/goggles? Empty

Back to top Go down

DS helmet w/goggles?
Page 1 of 1