Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,

Go down 
+3
Evol
Little Ripper
T-Rev
7 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Rev

T-Rev

FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, Empty
PostSubject: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 8:41 pm

if anyone has it (hypothetically, of course). Do the puke Coppers bug you? also, is there a good set up that is CA legal.
Back to top Go down
Little Ripper

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:40 pm

I have what you are describing and have no expectations of any issues with LEOs. The Q4 is not that loud to bystanders. To the rider it is quite a bit louder that stock, and I have to admit, like some others, I miss the stock exhaust which had the perfect exhaust note imo.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:53 pm

I've been stopped 4 times now in 12 months for "looks like a motocross" / mirrors (have small mirrors on bars) / exhaust "FMF? is that legal?"
That said, I've never had a ticket, nor a warning either...I think mainly the police just want to make sure it's not a dirtbike that I'm riding. (not able to convert an offroad vehicle here in Canada)
Back to top Go down
Old Rider

Old Rider

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:46 pm

No one that I know of makes a CA legal exhaust. It's more than sound that makes it illegal in CA as well as the rest of the states.  Removing the muffler (it has a cat)  makes it emissions illegal also anywhere in the US. Fed stuff.  CA just adds a different tank with the overflow canister. Too bad someone hasn't designed a skid plate that will work with the CA canister. Removing the canister and adding a plate makes it illegal.  Also not all of the aftermarket muffs have spark arrestors.
Back to top Go down
PC_Moto

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:58 pm

I purchased a CA wr250r (2012) just over a year ago, and couldn't find a skid plate for my CA WR (Canister). After going round and round with dealer, one of the guys got a hold of the manufacture of the MSR skid plates, Ricochet. The fabricator at Ricochet was nice enough to work with me (via the dealer, not directly) to prototype the first one. It wasn't perfect (but just about), but being a prototype at no extra charge, what the heck! Here are a few pictures of it. I'll post more to the modification section.

FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, Skid_p13 FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, Skid_p14 FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, Skid_p15
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:01 pm

I saw your other post, to me on a bike that you may or may not jump the odd log, that is the stupidest place you could stick that thing, up here that would be knocked off in one weekend with the crap we ride through. I would just take the canister off and put a small piece of pipe between the two hoses and bypass and deleat, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 9:53 pm

+1 lol guess I've never seen a CA wr poser2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,   FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But, Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Q4 package and prog. Illegal in CA. But,
Page 1 of 1