Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlakeEM

BlakeEM

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) Empty
PostSubject: New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics)   New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Hey,

I just picked up a 2009 WR250x Saturday from LA and rode it down to San Diego. I've been looking for a good one for a while but they are rarely availible here. It had just under 7500 miles on it, the guy only used it to take his kid to school down the street and ride around locally so it still looks brand new. It still has the factory tyres so I ordered some Pirelli Diablo Rosso lls.

Here's how it looked when I got it home.

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) SrwRxBh
New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) Vk4ECCc
New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) WHM2oal

Notice the license plate light doesn't work? I did too so I looked into it.

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) GSgFcfG

It's a mess under here. The wires were just twisted together with gooey electrical tape everywhere. Notice the rubber cap missing from the end of the frame tube? They put in some cork and painted it black on the end so no one would know. I'll need to find one of these.

Here is the problem, an LED fell out.

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) Zsqnuzp

This was an easy fix.

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) 7lda0NA
New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) YgMFnqO

Got everything working and soldered/heat shrinked properly. I can't stand shoddy work.

I removed the foot pegs and helmet lock because I'll never use them.

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) YJQKZQl

I installed the lithium ion race battery from a project bike, this one is taking over as my daily commuter while I work on that one to resolve some fix it tickets.

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) T7fowjd

The bike is awesome to work on, I love how easy and quick everything pulls apart and goes back together. I can see why people love these, it's the most fun bike I've ridden. It's my first time on a "dirt bike" and I don't miss the power at all. I get a lot of looks and thumbs up from people.

Looking forward to reading the forums and learning more about the bike.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics)   New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Welcome and congrats on adding a WRX to your family.  thumb
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics)   New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 6:17 am

Welcome to the site Blake... sounds like you are a tinkerer making the info to harvest on here endless. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics)   New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics) Empty

Back to top Go down

New (to me) WR250x in San Diego (w/ pics)
Page 1 of 1