Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pro Circuit vs FMF

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Pro Circuit vs FMF  Empty
PostSubject: Pro Circuit vs FMF    Pro Circuit vs FMF  EmptyMon May 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Just got a '08 WR250X last week that came with a janky exhaust that's most likely going to find it's way in the dumpster.

Is anyone running the Pro Circuit T-4 exhaust. I like the look of it but I can find any website to hear it. For anyone running it, how does it sound? How does it compare with the FMF? Is it worth the additional $100?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro Circuit vs FMF    Pro Circuit vs FMF  EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:11 pm

http://www.glam.social/sound-comparison-fmf-q4-vs

The procircuit is louder therefore safer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro Circuit vs FMF    Pro Circuit vs FMF  EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:19 pm

dhally wrote:
http://www.glam.social/sound-comparison-fmf-q4-vs

The procircuit is louder therefore safer!

haha. thumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro Circuit vs FMF    Pro Circuit vs FMF  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:08 pm

well, I pulled the trigger on the Pro Circuit T-4...hopefully, it will get here next week and I'll post a sound vid.

EDIT -- Installed the exhaust today...as well as the Edge tail kit and LED blinkers. The PC sounds awesome! Very nice Pro Circuit vs FMF  <a href=Pro Circuit vs FMF  20150606_125445_resized_zpskqg8xier" />quality too. I like how they weld attachments to use the stock heat shield on there.
Back to top Go down
west5786

PostSubject: Re: Pro Circuit vs FMF    Pro Circuit vs FMF  EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 12:02 am

I am curious about this as well. I want to drop weight and it sounds like replacing the exhaust helps with that. I NEVER read anything about Pro Circuit pipes, just the FMF. I used to have a Pro Circuit 2-stroke pipe. A huge perk for my is being able to use the stock heat shields. I would like some power gains, weight loss and would hope that it would be about as quiet as the Q4. I don't like loud bikes anymore and it will see about 80-90% street time. I personally don't really follow the "loud pipes save lives" idea. I like them fairly quiet, and to each their own. Does anyone have any more input on the T-4, especially about DB levels and how "pleasant" the tone is?
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Pro Circuit vs FMF    Pro Circuit vs FMF  EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:38 am

I know this thread has some age on it, but just for the reference of others...

I bought my bike used with a FMF Powercore 4 on it, with the stock insert.  It was pretty loud.  I did a repack and it helped, but I also bought the 040288 quiet insert for it.  This did help bring the sound down to a more acceptable level, but with a fresh packing it still blew 97-98db per an AMA test.  I ordered and waited (months) for the 040630 insert.  This made it very quiet.  I'd say it's probably closer to 94db, but that's just a guess.  It did feel like the bike was more restricted with this insert, so I typically ran the middle of the road with the 040288 insert instead.

I broke down and bought the Pro Circuit system.  I was hoping for something that was engineered to be a bit more free flowing without being so loud.  I also wanted the ability to use the stock heat shield for protecting a set of Wolfman E-12 bags and a Giant Loop Coyote.  The overall installation and fitment of the system was very good.  It consists of a head pipe, mid pipe, and the silencer.  Included is three springs, two for the head pipe to flange and one for the mid pipe to silencer, as well as a packet of anti-seize.  

I took it for a quick spin last night and it seems about the same as the FMF with the 040288 insert.  It may be a touch louder, but I was riding without my helmet and I'm sure the packing was still settling in.  I'm still going to call Pro Circuit to see about a quiet insert for it as well.  I'd rather be a bit quieter if possible.  I don't ride a lot of sound tested events, but it would be nice to quiet it down and still have some good performance.  

Pro Circuit vs FMF  PkjZK3e

Pro Circuit vs FMF  Omh5fyF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Circuit vs FMF    Pro Circuit vs FMF  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Circuit vs FMF
Page 1 of 1