Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Running weird

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xJoshuaDrakex

Running weird Empty
PostSubject: Running weird   Running weird EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:17 pm

So this has happened three times this year. I will have about a quarter of a tank left and it starts sputtering at high rpms. If I rev it too high it will die. This happens in every gear but it shifts normal and runs normal in low rpms. I take it straight to a gas station and fill it up. After that it seems to run normal. I was thinking I was getting bad gas but I've been getting gas from a different place now. I also ran some fuel cleaner through it after each time. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Running weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running weird   Running weird EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 10:30 am

The fuel pump might be going out, high rev`s cant keep up, what year is your bike, and any mod`s might help solve the problem, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
xJoshuaDrakex

Running weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running weird   Running weird EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Bike is a 2008 and to my knowledge I don't think the fuel pump has been replaced. If it was the fuel pump though it would have trouble starting and it starts normal every time.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Running weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running weird   Running weird EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:46 am

2008 did have a fuel pump problem, they just dont quit they usually start with some problems then quit, Im sure someone else will chime in here. I think the pumps got better after 2012, but dont quote me on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Running weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running weird   Running weird Empty

Back to top Go down

Running weird
Page 1 of 1