Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sandman casesaver - A life saver.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jens Eskildsen

Sandman casesaver - A life saver. Empty
PostSubject: Sandman casesaver - A life saver.   Sandman casesaver - A life saver. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Hey boys, just wanted to shout out to Sandman and say thx for a great item, it has already paid for itself.

My chain broke 42km from home, about 650km into a 700km trip.

It was dark, and i was going 90km/h when I heard noise from the chain, I pulled in the clutch just as the chain snapped. I slowed down, only to be overtaken by my chain on the left side, sliding over the tarmac with sparks all over the place. It would have been a fantastic sight, under other circumstances. Very happy

The evidence:

Chain hit the swingarm, and also some of the nuts holding down the sprocket:
Sandman casesaver - A life saver. Jf7vQcwZ6KeaJZ6FpDvO0bzS2_S2e-6dD0lK6idGmu8

The lower round "spaccer" on the chainsaver took a good hit, and theres grooves the entire length of the front of the chainsaver.
Sandman casesaver - A life saver. L3T3zDzoF3Iwxq7XNQL2HwB-a62gCXqYyLYv3mLnOZ8

Chain snapped in the middle of the sideplates, dunno what happened here, i guess a rock or something damaged it earlier that day...
Sandman casesaver - A life saver. M0h3Y1aBeD5WTwgnORVqTCBCq3338LRt-PiINI-964A

Should have changed the chain I guess, I even had a new kit laying around. Live and learn I guess. Shog
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Sandman casesaver - A life saver.   Sandman casesaver - A life saver. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm

That's unusual! You've never seen everything, I find, and here's another one for me. Good thinking about the case saver!
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Sandman casesaver - A life saver.   Sandman casesaver - A life saver. EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:04 pm

I haven't had my chain snap, but I've got a Sandman case saver installed. Hopefully I won't get to use it.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Sandman casesaver - A life saver.   Sandman casesaver - A life saver. EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:55 am

I have had a drive chain break just like that about 25 years ago because of a stiff joint in the chain that wouldn't pivot like it should.
Instead of the joint moving like it should, the steel plate gets stressed and fatigued.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Sandman casesaver - A life saver.   Sandman casesaver - A life saver. EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Thanks for the nudge off of the fence. After reading your post I just ordered one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandman casesaver - A life saver.   Sandman casesaver - A life saver. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandman casesaver - A life saver.
Page 1 of 1