Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRX's don't like the south

Go down 
+9
mcdoudlehopper
Jremeee
xJoshuaDrakex
f3joel
feelnrite
Evol
Fiftygrit
Biglake
gunslinger
13 posters
AuthorMessage
gunslinger

gunslinger

WRX's  don't like the south  Empty
PostSubject: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Man I've been looking for a WRX for a long time seems like everyone I find is up north . I love everything about the bike fuel injection , fuel mileage and the maintenance intervals that being said if you couldn't find a WRX what will be the next best thing given the criteria I have mentioned ?

On the hunt in New Orleans
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 2:12 am

Mazda Miata, im just saying hahaha
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am

I went through that trying to find a used wrr a few years ago around here, only 1 or 2 used ones pop up for sale per year, I ended up buying a new one.

You'll have to be patient if you want a used wrx or buy something else like a drz and forget about fuel injection, or a wrr and change the wheels.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:57 am

The 250 kawi is pretty good, does have a carb though, friend I ride with has one and goes any where, I dont like the 250 honda as it is pretty heavy, maybe even 30 to 35 pounds more than the Kawi and Yamaha, there all good but the Yamaha has way more bells and whistles, better frame, more adjustment on suspension.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
The 250 kawi is pretty good, does have a carb though, friend I ride with has one and goes any where, I dont like the 250 honda as it is pretty heavy, maybe even 30 to 35 pounds more than the Kawi and Yamaha, there all good but the Yamaha has way more bells and whistles, better frame, more adjustment on suspension.
And the Yamaha has more power than the Honda and Kawasaki....
Back to top Go down
feelnrite

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 7:20 pm

gunslinger wrote:
Man I've been looking for a WRX for a long time seems like everyone I find is up north . I love everything about the bike fuel injection , fuel mileage and the maintenance intervals that being said if you couldn't find a WRX what will be the next best thing given the criteria I have mentioned ?

O

n the hunt in New Orleans

I am in TN. and there are none to be found here either. But the dealer here just sold out of wr250rs so you would think there would be some used ones somewhere. There may be some for sale as the weather cools off.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:44 pm

Not many sold up here also, no used at all, most people here will go with the honda or kawi as there $1500 bucks cheaper to buy new, sometimes you just have to be patient to get what you want.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 5:04 pm

I would take a look at the new KTM Duke 390.
Back to top Go down
feelnrite

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 pm

f3joel wrote:
I would take a look at the new KTM Duke 390.

I haven't seen the 390 but the 350 is 3000.00 more and they have a lot of maintenance but weigh 60 pounds less.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 12:01 am

http://www.ktm.com/us/naked-bike/390-duke/
Back to top Go down
xJoshuaDrakex

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 pm

I live in Nashville and looked for this bike for over two years. I finally bought mine last year from a dealer who hadn't even had it out for sale yet.
Back to top Go down
Jremeee

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:31 am

Same here. I looked over a year for mine. It's a hard to find a clean one that has been well kept. Mine was a 2008 with 1500 miles. Some old man purchased it and kept it in his basement. Never rode it. Surprisingly he said I was going to be the 4th owner. I have no clue why nobody liked the bike. I am so in love with it. He even had a brand new pc4 slip on he never installed. Needless to say I got lucky!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Gunslinger, first thing to mention is (I love your pic) Very happy I can ask my brother in Slidell to look around or else my cousin has some hookups in Biloxi if you don't have any luck.
Back to top Go down
martin_nj

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:24 am

shipping moto could be reasonably priced if you expanded your search

or road trip with buddies!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:17 pm

What about a fly and drive? dunno
Back to top Go down
RoundPonda

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Evol wrote:
Fiftygrit wrote:
And the Yamaha has more power than the Honda and Kawasaki....

Joined the forum today... And from almost every review, my decision will be the WRR Yamaha, rather than the Honda or Kawasaki...
I can get a new 2015 at a reduced price.  Anyway, I love Yamaha machines, like my Grizzly 700, and my Phazer RT-X snow scooter...
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 3:18 pm

The OP hasn't logged in to this forum again since August.

But if he was checking this thread I'd tell him that there's a WRX for sale in New Orleans at this craigslist ad.
Back to top Go down
ontarget

PostSubject: They are around, but go quickly!   WRX's  don't like the south  EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:00 pm

I have been looking for a clean r for quite a while, and I settled for an ultra clean 09 x last week. < 2500 miles, fmf slip on & programmer, cycra guards, t-Rex frame and hub sliders, edge 2 fender delete, Corbin seat, led directionals, Pro Moto billet rear rack, wolfman tail bag, and fork air bleeders. Also a new K&N air filter in the box.  I'm still ramping up my knowledge, but it has had  the airbox flapper and ais removed. Not sure what else to look for. ( yet )

Bought it from a younger woman ( 25 ish? ) that was the 3 rd owner and has only put 1000 miles on it in the last 3 years. ( makes me wonder if she wasn't comfortable on it? )  Had to travel 300 miles to way upstate NY to pick it up, just across the St. Lawrence River from Canada. I grew up a couple of hours drive from there, so I combined it with a visit to see my family. I thought she gave me a good deal at $3600.

Still keeping my eye out for an r, and just yesterday missed out on what looked like a clean 08 with 6 k on it for $2800. ( only an hour away, too :-(  ) The reasonably priced ones get scooped up in an instant around here. I called on that one within 7 hours of it being posted on CL , and it was already sold.

The search continues, Rubber side down, Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRX's don't like the south    WRX's  don't like the south  Empty

Back to top Go down

WRX's don't like the south
Page 1 of 1