Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Any One try this HP chip?

Go down 
+7
dirtytrixx400
motokid
SheWolf
craigq
YZEtc
duanew
King Wolf
11 posters
AuthorMessage
King Wolf

King Wolf

Any One try this HP chip? Empty
PostSubject: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Hey i have seen this on ebay the passed year now and the guy is still selling them so i asoom that people must be buying them.
They are a so called HP performance chip for the WR250R/X. And from my knowledge all it does is tricks the FI and pushes more fuel.
But idk... So i was wondering if any of you guys bought one and tryed it out? And what your option was on it.

Here is the ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HP-PERFORMANCE-CHIP-YAMAHA-WR250R-WR-250-R-XJ6-YZF-R6S_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588377f407QQitemZ380162798599QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:40 am

I have never used one and never will. I believe that most of your replies will confirm that it is a total scam.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:05 am

+25 hp?
Sure, maybe if the bike starts out with 500 hp. :)

The way I understand it, it simply fools the bike's electronics into thinking the outside air temperature is colder than it really is, richening the fueling a tiny bit.

I'd just put the money toward either an FMF Power Programmer or Power Commander.
I'd bet that either of those units would work a lot better than that E-bay unit.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:04 am

YZEtc wrote:

The way I understand it, it simply fools the bike's electronics into thinking the outside air temperature is colder than it really is, richening the fueling a tiny bit.

If it's like the one for the CBR125R, it's an overpriced 5c resistor or 10c potentiometer/rheostat designed to do just that, alter the intake air temperature sensor's reading in order to richen the mixture. +1 for stay away...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:30 am

Go with the Attitude. Any One try this HP chip? 61865 Best bang for the buck.

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:49 pm

I could sell you one of these:

Any One try this HP chip? Hpknob

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Yeah you guys pretty much conformed my option....Thanks
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:54 am

craigq wrote:
YZEtc wrote:

If it's like the one for the CBR125R, it's an overpriced 5c resistor or 10c potentiometer/rheostat designed to do just that, alter the intake air temperature sensor's reading in order to richen the mixture. +1 for stay away...

lol...if you look towards the bottom of that page they also can hook you up with some +10 HP sparkplugs too.

for the potentiometer....i remember reading on TT that MPfab (the turbo kit builder) also used a potentiometer(connected as a rheostat i'm sure...2 wires) when he was dyno testing his bike before the turbo install.....he was getting some good hp numbers too.

i'm not going along with this ebay seller on his product or any of his claims,but there are ways to "trick" or "modify" F.I. systems that do/can help.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Yes, indeedy.
Power Commanders and such units do just that.
The thing about this kind of ad is that is smeels too much like snake oil. :)
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I have a wide power band in my shop I'm not using
I'd sell it for 50$ thumb
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 am

0007onWR wrote:
I'd sell it for 50$ Any One try this HP chip? 61865

Throw in some blinker fluid, and you've got a deal. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:51 am

0007onWR wrote:
Bowflex machine a little too much for ya?

I suppose you're the same guy that used to send the new starts for sky hooks, a bucket of oxygen, and left handed crescent wrenches...
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 pm

I think that I still have that left footed soccer ball that someone gave me. I have not been able to use it correctly because I am right footed. Any One try this HP chip? 851577
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Jäger wrote:
0007onWR wrote:

I suppose you're the same guy that used to send the new starts for sky hooks, a bucket of oxygen, and left handed crescent wrenches...

Now even I know a left handed crescent wrench is a rippoff, By the way, I have a full set of them for sale at half price
I also have 45 gallons of propwash for the boat owners out there
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:35 pm

0007onWR wrote:
Jäger wrote:
0007onWR wrote:

Now even I know a left handed crescent wrench is a rippoff, By the way, I have a full set of them for sale at half price
I also have 45 gallons of propwash for the boat owners out there

Hey, that's just what I need for my new power boat. I'd love to trade you even for 40 cubic feet of sailboat fuel that I don't need any more - I'll even throw in free airfreight. Any One try this HP chip? 810411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any One try this HP chip?   Any One try this HP chip? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any One try this HP chip?
Page 1 of 1