Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
424LIFE

424LIFE

Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?   Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Has anyone used the risk racing lock & load tie down system with their WR? Is it reliable and stable? Looks super easy, but also looks kind of cheap. Definitely looks easier than straps and no worries about stressing the fork seals.

http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Lock-N-Load_Motocross_Transport_Page.html
Back to top Go down
Kev_OK

Kev_OK

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?   Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 4:31 pm

I'd like to know this as well. I've heard of some bikes having issues with the foot brake and shift levers bringing up before the pegs, wondering if this would be the case with the WR?

I was also looking at the Ride-On Lift on the Risk Racing website (apparently I can't post the link because I'm a new member, but it's on the same site under the Products tab).

Cool concept, but looks like it may not be as sturdy as a regular bike lift. Anyone ever use one?
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?   Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:36 pm

I had trouble getting by the girl on the left, hahaha never tried their products.
Back to top Go down
424LIFE

424LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?   Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:06 pm

Kev_OK wrote:
I'd like to know this as well. I've heard of some bikes having issues with the foot brake and shift levers bringing up before the pegs, wondering if this would be the case with the WR?
I read that if your levers hit you can load it backwards with no problem. Which would actually be nice you could just ride right off.

It doesn't seem many people have used them, hope that's not a bad thing. I've seen 2 bad reviews and about 5 good reviews. Gotta pay off a few bills before i order 2 of them for my trailer. Soon......Very soon!
Back to top Go down
Kev_OK

Kev_OK

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?   Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:49 am

There's lots of reviews on Amazon and more on other sites. Most of the less-than-5-star reviews mention the brake and shift lever, or the expansion chambers on 2-strokes bringing up, both of which could be solved by rolling the bike in backwards. I will definitely be picking one up at some point.

There aren't a whole lot of reviews for the Ride-On Lift Stand, but they seem to be mostly negative. It's a great concept, but doesn't seem to be worth the $150 price tag... Guess I'll stick with the ol milk crate and a 4x4 for the time being.
Back to top Go down
424LIFE

424LIFE

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?   Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:40 pm

Been looking on all the bike sites, Amazon totally slipped my mind. LOL Looks pretty good. Now just need to get the extra the loot for 2 sets!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?   Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used the lock and load bike tie down system?
Page 1 of 1