Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Handlebars/Risers

Go down 
+19
matttys
MeefZah
CopaMundial
longtallsally
Bob
macfast
jpkrass
spikehead
flatboarder
boogn1sh
bman
mwakey
D1EHARD
Don T
dugsgms
shredak
Nice Rumble
SheWolf
YamWOW!
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Handlebar mods/Riser Mods

Last edited by YamWOW! on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:00 am

Renthal McGrath bend, 7/8 in silver and blue. Great handlebar setup for my height and ride posture.

Nice Rumble

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Picked up a left over '08 WRR today. First mod was to raise the bar so to speak. 1 1/2 inch rise. Comes with stainless steel hex head bolts. Quality piece.

Handlebars/Risers IMG_3640

Handlebars/Risers IMG_3641

Handlebars/Risers IMG_3642

Handlebars/Risers IMG_3643

Handlebars/Risers IMG_3644

Last edited by Nice Rumble on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 pm

I have to be honest, and I think this is where the dream I had about an R2 having ape hanger handlebars stemmed from. lol!

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:01 am

no she wolf that was no dream that was 133mm or 5.25 inches of rise. Pastrana FMX bend and Zeta adapters. This is the maximum you can go without entending many things. Many excludes the brake line.

Handlebars/Risers Bike001

Handlebars/Risers Bike007
Back to top Go down
dugsgms

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:56 am

Pro-taper Contour CR mid w/ Applied +8mm risers.
Back to top Go down
Don T

Don T

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 6:09 am

Handlebars/Risers IMG_4570

Pro Taper SE KX High Black - and I plan on mounting raisers like Nice Rumble.
Back to top Go down
D1EHARD

D1EHARD

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Just for reference...   Handlebars/Risers EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 pm

I don't know if a bunch will care but I was a bit overwhelmed with all the different bends in the aftermarket bars when I was shopping for mine. But I stumbled across this handy little chart over at Rocky Mtn ATV's site. Very helpful.

To compare ---> WR250R/X stock bar specs: 30.7" W, 3.8" H, 2.6" Pull Back

------> Aftermarket Handlebar Bend Specs

Last edited by D1EHARD on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 pm

D1EHARD wrote:
I don't know if a bunch will care but I was a bit overwhelmed with all the different bends in the aftermarket bars when I was shopping for mine. But I stumbled across this handy little chart over at Rocky Mtn ATV's site. Very helpful.

To compare ---> WR250R/X stock bar specs: 30.7" W, 3.8 H, 2.6 Pull Back

Nice chart. Thanks for posting the link.
Back to top Go down
bman

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:06 pm

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=268

I use these risers on my R². They allow a front to back adjustment and a 2" rise.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 pm

bman wrote:

I use these risers on my R². They allow a front to back adjustment and a 2" rise.

Those look sweet! Too bad for me because I just ordered these GYTR fat bar Clamps and hour ago...

Handlebars/Risers Wr250xrbarmounts-500
Back to top Go down
Don T

Don T

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 5:42 pm

30mm Touratech risers added to the Pro Taper SE KX High handlebars - Perfect when standing on the pegs wings

Handlebars/Risers IMG_4957
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:28 am

boogn1sh wrote:
bman wrote:

Those look sweet! Too bad for me because I just ordered these GYTR fat bar Clamps and hour ago...

Handlebars/Risers Wr250xrbarmounts-500

So, would you be willing to pass on those as use parts, just in case you like to upgrade to the other? These Yamaha oversize clamps are not available in Europe, so I need to stress overseas contacts. In case anybody would be willing to send a pair of those to Austria/Europe (labelled something like "used motorcycle handlebar clamp"), I would be very thankful and pay full price and shipping via paypal.
Regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
spikehead

spikehead

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:39 pm

To those of you who have swapped bars or installed risers: Where did you manage to find slack in the cables, lines and wires? I tried to install 1-1/8" bars with an 1-1/2" riser last night and cannot find the slack I need to make up for the increase in height. scratch
Back to top Go down
jpkrass

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Plan on adding some risers soon, but what is concerning me the most along these lines is the vibration. What's the best way to go about eliminating this bars, grips...? To some my questions may seem a bit stupid, but this is only the second bike I've ever owned. All the help I can get is appreciated and needed.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:56 pm

jpkrass wrote:
Plan on adding some risers soon, but what is concerning me the most along these lines is the vibration. What's the best way to go about eliminating this bars, grips...? To some my questions may seem a bit stupid, but this is only the second bike I've ever owned. All the help I can get is appreciated and needed.
thanks.

Rox makes anti-vibration risers:

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=269
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:16 am

jpkrass wrote:
thanks.
KTM powerparts PDF, see page 10: KTM makes anti vibration handlebar clamps, the "KTM progressive handlebar damping system". Tailored for their factory fork crown, but maybe easily adaptable.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:19 pm

If you are tall and or like to stand up Powermadd Rox Signature Series Pivoting Risers let you use stock bars or Pro-Taper bars.The 2" pivoting risers let you raise the bars up, forward or both.You need to move the clutch cable.This makes the handlebar position so comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Bob

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:00 pm

mwakey wrote:
D1EHARD wrote:

thanks for the link as my head was spinning when i ordered mine as well. i went with the Pro-Taper CR Mid bend. where did you get those stock numbers though? according to the chart just about ever bar is lower with less pull back. that don't seem right. i just wanted slightly higher with a little more pull back.
also do i need new clamps too? i was told no.
Back to top Go down
D1EHARD

D1EHARD

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Bob wrote:
mwakey wrote:
D1EHARD wrote:

thanks for the link as my head was spinning when i ordered mine as well. i went with the Pro-Taper CR Mid bend. where did you get those stock numbers though? according to the chart just about ever bar is lower with less pull back. that don't seem right. i just wanted slightly higher with a little more pull back.
also do i need new clamps too? i was told no.

I grabbed those stock numbers off a board somewhere, don't really remember. But after getting my new bars installed, the measurements seem pretty spot on. Also, if you got the Pro Taper SE's, you won't need new clamps. Clamps are only needed if ya go with the oversize bars, like the evo's.
Back to top Go down
Bob

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:24 pm

i don't remember if they were the Contour or the SE (no pics for me to look at), but they are one "step" below the EVO's.

so based on those numbers i guess i just bought smaller bars compared to stock? was everyone's smaller than stock (beside pastrana bend) with out risers?
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Can I re-open this one? I'm a goon at 6'7" and will most likely be going with a set of Rox Risers. I have them on the pig and have been very impressed after a slew of falls on a 600+ lb bike.

Anyway, I want to also get the widest and tallest bar I can in addition, but have concerns that I've not really seen addressed with wiring and cables.

With a 2" rise it sounds like I'll need to do the clutch cable, but someone said he couldn't find the slack in the wiring to make it work. Any insight? :ear
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 pm

I have an 1.5 " straight rise and notice that the wiring sheath coming from the left bar end controller for the horn, turn signals, etc is at max when turning the bars hard right. But that is a straight rise up and back a degree. I would presume the Rox Riser, because they are pivoting, would preclude that.
Back to top Go down
shredak

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 pm

I Moved my controls inboard on the bars a little bit
To ensure proper slack. Any higher than the pastrama fmx
And a half inch riser there will be a need for extending everything.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:50 am

After quite some search for it, bonecrusher would ship me his used oversize handle bar clamp. Thanks a lot! They are not available in Europe. In the meantime I had to wait for my handlebar, a Magura X-Line CX (82cm wide). 2 days ago I installed everything:

Handlebars/Risers 64208348.th Handlebars/Risers 11617677.th Handlebars/Risers 92835139.th
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Handlebars/Risers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handlebars/Risers   Handlebars/Risers Empty

Back to top Go down

Handlebars/Risers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: