Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. Empty
PostSubject: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Tired of the bizzarro dog-piling at almost ANY other forum, folks treating you like you have two heads for liking the WRR.
This looked like a good place to actually learn something, without falling into a rabbit hole every other step. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 11:45 am

Welcome, so you have been to ADV rider hahaha there is a bit of an orange crowd over there, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
Welcome, so you have been to ADV rider hahaha there is a bit of an orange crowd over there, cheer`s
Yes Sir.
Thanks to whom ever started this web-site.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: WR250R   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Hello Ziabeam,

Good to see you on this forum.

That was the first time I ever posted on the regret Wr thread on Adv rider after I saw you being slammed.

What a waste of time posting there...even after I accurately described the bike, rider and riding conditions those guys discounted it and threw out insults.

I would rather post and read from people that are actual out there riding and using their bikes!
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:23 pm

It was like nothing I had experienced over there before. Most of the offenders in that thread brag about taking it over, and their intent to railroad anyone who attempts to bring it "back on topic". Did my best to roll with the punches. Was fun running interference when they started aiming the death ray your way. Too bad the moderator chooses to allow their innuendo, baiting, banter and gratuitous profanity to continue, in direct contrast to their own site etiquette rules/guidelines Suspect . My nickname for them (in that specific thread) is the KKK gang... (KTM-KDX-KLR) If you defend the humble virtues of the WR, they cry, moan, throw tantrums, dog-pile, run crying to the moderator, cuss, and cry foul  :nono: . Pretty bizarre.

Last edited by Ziabeam on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:

I would rather post and read from people that are actual out there riding and using their bikes!
Hell yes !!
My little WR is getting used and abused... and the beatings will continue far beyond what any of my previous bikes could have endured. beater
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:34 pm

thumb not much bashing going on here thats for sure, If I won the Loto I still wouldnt own an orange bike, now a 2 smoke Husky hmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Ziabeam wrote:
It was like nothing I had experienced over there before. Most of the offenders in that thread brag about taking it over, and their intent to railroad anyone who attempts to bring it "back on topic". Did my best to roll with the punches. Was fun running interference when they started aiming the death ray your way. Too bad the moderator chooses to allow their innuendo, baiting, banter and gratuitous profanity to continue, in direct contrast to their own site etiquette rules/guidelines Suspect . My nickname for them (in that specific thread) is the KKK gang... (KTM-KDX-KLR) If you defend the humble virtues of the WR, they cry, moan, throw tantrums, dog-pile, run crying to the moderator, cuss, and cry foul  :nono: . Pretty bizarre.

Not that I ever post anything on advr but that thread is a wreck and the mods let it go because most everyone clues in its not a serious thread with any truth behind what gets posted and the guys are poking fun at each other on it, it keeps that stuff out of the normal bike related threads.
I find that thread quite funny but don't plan on learning anything while reading it...
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Biglake wrote:
....that thread is a wreck and the mods let it go because most everyone clues in its not a serious thread with any truth behind what gets posted and the guys are poking fun at each other on it, it keeps that stuff out of the normal bike related threads.
I find that thread quite funny but don't plan on learning anything while reading it...
That's what their "Basement" section use to be for. They use to furnish a "courtesy-clue" by locking a thread or moving it to the basement when it devolved. That thread remains bike specific and out of the basement, which sends mixed "clues", while prima-donnas  who loathe anything not orange are given a free pass to aggressively harass whomever they please... funny yes, even hilarious at times, but sad when the vitriol is tolerated from the infiltrators, yet the good spirited respondents (who actually own a the thread specific WR) get evicted (ban-hammer)... Yes Sir. I got banned (even though I never uttered a single profanity, or degrading rant like the invading hoard of crybabies did), which is OK.

What got my goat was them CLOSING the profile of a long time employee of mine shortly before/after (not sure which) I was temp/banned. That employee introduced me to their forum 2 years AFTER he opened his profile. They claimed his five year old account was FAKE since it shares the same IP address as the profile I started 2 years later in 2012 from the same shop computer. They fail to enforce their own site rules condoning and tolerating grab-ass antics in a mismanaged legitimate thread, and then randomly punish a few hapless inmates on an ignorant whim???  ... they suck. Bad form when it PERMANENTLY banned my good friend. I asked them to permanently ban my account too (mine was a 14 day ban)... Bros before "H**'S".
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Wow, that's some messed up crap on ADV. Sorry to hear that!

I read some of that thread while deciding to buy (or not) a WR. Glad I didn't believe those morons, this is one of the best bikes I've ever owned.

Welcome to this forum! Not as active as ADV, but friendly and useful.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 8:34 pm

You have to remember opinions are like ass holes, every one has one hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.   Hello from long time WRR owner, new member. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from long time WRR owner, new member.
Page 1 of 1