Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear spring length question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eram310

Rear spring length question  Empty
PostSubject: Rear spring length question    Rear spring length question  EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 11:41 am

I bought a slightly used WR250R from a much bigger guy. I have been told that he changed the preload on the rear shock among other stuff on the bike to  suit his weight.
According to  the manual the spring should measure between 206mm (max preload) to  216mm (minimum preload) with 211.5mm set from factory.
I found the spring to  be 205mm when I measured it on a stand with the rear wheel in the air. In the shop manual I found online it says that the spring length should be measured when the shock is on the bench.

My question is the measurement of the spring with the shock on the bench the same as is on the bike with the rear wheel in the air? I set it up to  211.5 mm with the bike on a stand with the rear wheel in the air till I have time to  adjust the sag with the help of a friend.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Rear spring length question    Rear spring length question  EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:13 pm

I think youre fine, you should be better off than before anyway.

But as you say, only way to do it is to meassure sag.
Back to top Go down
eram310

PostSubject: Re: Rear spring length question    Rear spring length question  EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
I think youre fine, you should be better off than before anyway.

But as you say, only way to do it is to meassure sag.

Thank you Jens Eskildsen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear spring length question    Rear spring length question  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear spring length question
Page 1 of 1