Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
carlrf

Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO Empty
PostSubject: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Just saying hi, HI!
Older at 60.
Just retired January 1st not that anyone cares.
Have owned many varying style bikes over my lifetime.
Currently have a street legal 2010 TE250 Husqvarna (recently purchased) and a newly purchased 2008 WR250R with 6K miles.
The bike hasn't been babied but it's not too badly beat either.
I haven't put 20 miles on either bike yet but after reading all the hype about the WR I am looking forward to spending some time on it.
Both these bikes are the first fuel injected bikes I have ever owned so I am a little intimidated. I have always done my own maintenance and repair.
The WR is the next to least powerful bike I have owned but I am not too worried about that. The slowest being a 90s XR250L.
The only mods I have noticed on this bike are recent 13/47 gearing and chain, speedometer corrector, Moose (or similar style) tail rack that I have removed for the time being, larger tank, bark busters currently removed, a plastic skid plate and some new Shinko non-DOT knobbies. I do see what might be a charcoal/catch black plastic canister with hoses in the parts box I got with it that is certainly part of the emissions system. The way it's shaped it looks like it would fit in the down tubes in front and under the engine but not sure.
Since I have had it I did a coolant service, T6 oil and filter, brake fluid change, JB welded a small case crack where shifter hit on a drop, before me, and a lot of cleaning!  
If anyone here is in KC I am almost always ready for a short or long ride. I haven't been off road on anything in years but that's why I purchased these two bikes, so........?
Till later, Carl.

Last edited by carlrf on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:38 pm

Welcome, use the TE in the bush and the yami on the road the best of both worlds, my sons TE310 ia way better at single track than my WRR but thats okay, hes 34 and im 65 I dont expect to keep up to him, but I can beat him to the liquor store and golf course hahaha cheer`s
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:55 pm

Welcome to the site Carl. According to the golden years thread over on ADV 60 is nothing wings so ride that thing like you stole it! When you get a chance post up a picture of your bikes.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Mozart 2

PostSubject: Re: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 4:36 pm

I'm confused...are you older, or are you 60...? wink
Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Wish I was 60 hahaha youngen.
Back to top Go down
carlrf

PostSubject: Re: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:52 pm

Mozart 2 wrote:
I'm confused...are you older, or are you 60...? wink
Welcome to the site.

Yeah, I guess it's all relative. Shog
Back to top Go down
carlrf

PostSubject: Re: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:54 pm

rarepartbuilder wrote:
Welcome to the site Carl. According to the golden years thread over on ADV 60 is nothing wings so ride that thing like you stole it! When you get a chance post up a picture of your bikes.

Bill

Will have to check that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO   Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO Empty

Back to top Go down

Another NEW Member in Kansas City MO
Page 1 of 1