Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.

Go down 
+4
Caldsy
Evol
wwguy
softjeans
8 posters
AuthorMessage
softjeans

softjeans

Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. Empty
PostSubject: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 pm

So I just installed an FmF powrbomb and Q4. I was about to take the bike out so I let it warm up for a few minutes and noticed the header was glowing red hot. Is this normal? should I be worried? Ive got a fmf power programmer but its NOT on the bike yet and I'm getting it fitted professionally soon.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 2:34 pm

From FMF's FAQ page:

Q: Is normal that my Megabomb or Powerbomb glows bright red?
A: It is completely normal for our headers to turn a bright red color when you first install and run your new FMF Racing header. This is a standard break in period that normally takes about 20 to 40 minutes. If the glowing persists after this break in period, it is recommended to check your jetting as it is possible your carburetor is too lean. If you are unable to properly jet your machine, contact a local certified technician to look at your carburetor.
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 2:38 pm

wwguy wrote:
From FMF's FAQ page:

A: It is completely normal for our headers to turn a bright red color when you first install and run your new FMF Racing header. This is a standard break in period that normally takes about 20 to 40 minutes. If the glowing persists after this break in period, it is recommended to check your jetting as it is possible your carburetor is too lean. If you are unable to properly jet your machine, contact a local certified technician to look at your carburetor.

Thank you so much. perfect answer and quick reply bow
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Does anyone one know whats happaning in the break-in period that makes it glow red?
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Did you install a fuel programmer at the same time? If not, it's probably running lean. And when you install a better air filter (your other thread), it'll also be leaner.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 am

Evol wrote:
Did you install a fuel programmer at the same time? If not, it's probably running lean. And when you install a better air filter (your other thread), it'll also be leaner.

+1

You must have completed AIS and Air Box Mod as well? I'm only assuming but if you have then you need to install the Programmer as stated ^^
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:12 am

Caldsy wrote:
Evol wrote:

+1

You must have completed AIS and Air Box Mod as well? I'm only assuming but if you have then you need to install the Programmer as stated ^^

Haven't touched the air box or AIS yet and i should be getting the programmer fitted soon. So hopefully it'll be fine
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:48 pm

My bike is modded with no programmer and is running fine. I only have 10.000km on the speedo.
Back to top Go down
ajyambao

PostSubject: Break-in Period   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 4:54 am

A: It is completely normal for our headers to turn a bright red color when you first install and run your new FMF Racing header. This is a standard break in period that normally takes about 20 to 40 minutes. If the glowing persists after this break in period, it is recommended to check your jetting as it is possible your carburetor is too lean. If you are unable to properly jet your machine, contact a local certified technician to look at your carburetor.[/quote]

Is the 20-40min. break in period just during the initial installation of headers or it does happen everytime you'll start the engine from cold? Thanks in advance for the response!
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 10:15 pm

Second owner of the PB on my bike, have never seen red in 20k miles.
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2020 5:46 pm

softjeans wrote:
wwguy wrote:
From FMF's FAQ page:

Thank you so much. perfect answer and quick reply bow

Carburetor??
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 am

Its from the FAQ on the manufactors website (like stated in the quote), which isnt bike specific...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.   Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle. Empty

Back to top Go down

Powerbomb glowing red hot within 3 mins of idle.
Page 1 of 1