Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ahhhh..... my blinker is out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jbwi112

Ahhhh..... my blinker is out Empty
PostSubject: Ahhhh..... my blinker is out   Ahhhh..... my blinker is out EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:46 am

There are so few posts in this section due to the reliability of the wr, I figure I can complain about the little stuff

I noticed my right rear blinker is out, right front does work.

the bike had a led kit installed by the previous owner.

I checked the blinker fluid but not sure how to check multi-led lights, can I just ohm them out?
If one led goes out they all go out?

I wanted some info on the leds lights/system before I pull the seat to check the wiring

wr owners have it so hard afro
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh..... my blinker is out   Ahhhh..... my blinker is out EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 8:31 am

Yes you can Ohm them out but remember they are a (Light Emitting Diode) so you will only have resistance one direction. Maybe you have a open connection under the seat where they tie in. The (if one goes out, they all go out) is old business from when Christmas tree light used to be wired in series. This is not done anymore. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Banky

Banky

PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh..... my blinker is out   Ahhhh..... my blinker is out EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:40 am

If it just randomly went out, you can pull the tail off and start wiggling wires, probably just a rub through. If you crashed, check fuses and wire looms, and the LED itself to make sure the wires didn't get pulled out.
Back to top Go down
jbwi112

PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh..... my blinker is out   Ahhhh..... my blinker is out EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:09 am

it was a bad surface mount resister on the back of the led board. I replaced it with a 475ohm resister

top picture is the fixed product, bottom is before resister was replaced

Ahhhh..... my blinker is out 20160310
Ahhhh..... my blinker is out 20160311
and the blinker works again, but is a shad dimmer then the other side. If I did it again I would use a 350 ohm resister
Back to top Go down
jbwi112

PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh..... my blinker is out   Ahhhh..... my blinker is out EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:12 am

Also, with the way board is deigned, if one led would fail, they would all quit flashing until the failed led was replaced
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahhhh..... my blinker is out   Ahhhh..... my blinker is out Empty

Back to top Go down

Ahhhh..... my blinker is out
Page 1 of 1